Icom ic 41 s recievIng difficulty

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Kymboj
Newly Registered Users

Post by Kymboj »

I have purchased 2 nd hand two 41 s and they work between themselves but I can only receive there messages on my other 2 way and not transmit back to them. My two way message from my unit can not be heard as I broad cast to them but I can hear them fine. I am stumped. What the. Please
Some one shed some light.
Kymboj
Newly Registered Users

Re: Icom ic 41 s recievIng difficulty

Post by Kymboj »

Does it have a citizen reply block on them as was just reading that so as to not have out side interference with a closed Chanel like In a quary or something. And that's why I can hear them but not transmit to them.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

It is possible that your 41s is using a ctcss or dcs to stop interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

brisbanescan wrote:It is possible that your 41s is using a ctcss or dcs to stop interference.

My thoughts as well.
jmcolombo
Newly Registered Users

Post by jmcolombo »

Hey there!
I need some help please with my Icom IC 41S! I have a similar problem described here. I can receive calls and I can hear the messages but when I try to send a message / call / talk, they can't hear me at all! The funny thing is that in the other radio I'm trying to call / message, the receiving transmission symbol (top left, like a lighting bolt) flashes when I press my PTT button, but they can't hear anything. I have read the manual, played with it quite a bit and know pretty much all the functions, but I'm starting to believe it might be a hardware thing.
Anyways, anyone knows anything about this, heard anything like this? Also, there's something in the manual called RX Channels which I cannot seem to get in to program. Could this have anything to do with it?
Thxs in advance! I'm quite desperate as I need this radio big time and can't, don't want to buy another one!
Cheers.
Juan
Comint

Post by Comint »

jmcolombo wrote:I need some help please with my Icom IC 41S! I have a similar problem described here. I can receive calls and I can hear the messages but when I try to send a message / call / talk, they can't hear me at all! The funny thing is that in the other radio I'm trying to call / message, the receiving transmission symbol (top left, like a lighting bolt) flashes when I press my PTT button, but they can't hear anything. I have read the manual, played with it quite a bit and know pretty much all the functions, but I'm starting to believe it might be a hardware thing.
1. It is possible that the microphone element is faulty. The radio will still transmit a carrier, just no audio.

2. It is possible that all units are using CTCSS, and your CTCSS Tone is not the same as the other units.

Also, there's something in the manual called RX Channels which I cannot seem to get in to program. Could this have anything to do with it?
NO.

--
Comint
Shaker4x4

Post by Shaker4x4 »

Look closely at the display. It is possible your Tone Squelch is on. Press and hole 'left button 1' (squelch) and cycle through the three selections. Off, T-SQL and (bell icon) Alarm. Refer to paragraph 7, page 21 onwards HERE.

It's a common thing to accidentally press and hold this button mistakenly as the PTT button and activate it.

Shakes.