icom f20 Sticky Problem

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
fire_rescue

icom f20 Sticky Problem

Post by fire_rescue »

i recently brought two icom f20's they are programmed with 40 ch uhf cb funny thing is tx ok but rx everyone can hear me talking i cant hear them ? any reason behind that was reading the manual kept going on about audible and non audibile condition :sc
any help or tips would be great
Regards
shane
Finch

Re: icom f20 Sticky Problem

Post by Finch »

You could try playing with the squelch, or you could get your scanner and see if you can hear them on that?
-Alex
-Alex
Comint

Post by Comint »

fire_rescue wrote:i recently brought two icom f20's they are programmed with 40 ch uhf cb funny thing is tx ok but rx everyone can hear me talking i cant hear them ? any reason behind that was reading the manual kept going on about audible and non audibile condition :sc
any help or tips would be great
Regards
shane
Are you operating Simplex on a Repeater input frequency?

Maybe you have CTCSS set on Receive, and they don't.
Have you tried pressing the Monitor button (on the side), when they are talking?

Do you know what your programmable buttons (P0, P1, P2, P3) are programmed for?

--
Comint
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

yea got the P buttons. i have been using it to talk on repeater channels but have had to have another radio next to me as a recieve radio to listen. bit strange it all works and beeps and the squelch opens up when holding down MONI button