PC Controlled - IC-PCR2500

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Mathew

PC Controlled - IC-PCR2500

Post by Mathew »

Icom IC-PCR2500 PC Controlled Scanner (digital capabilities)

Has anybody had any experience with these? I'd love one, but they are something around $1000-2000 thousand.
P25/D-STAR digital support, wide band, etc.

What do you guys think?
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
Comint

Re: PC Controlled - IC-PCR2500

Post by Comint »

Mathew wrote:Image

Icom IC-PCR2500 PC Controlled Scanner (digital capabilities)

Has anybody had any experience with these? I'd love one, but they are something around $1000-2000 thousand.
P25/D-STAR digital support, wide band, etc.

What do you guys think?
I think I read on one of the American forums that Icom is dis-continueing all PCR type scanners. In other words, even less support than you will get now.

PS. From memory, the P25/D-STAR support requires additional cards, ie., more money.

--
Comint
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Yeah, for Digital functionality you need extra cards put into the scanner, but if you want a PC-dedicated scanner, and are willing to spend a few thousand dollars on this type, then may aswell purchase the card(s) (if needed).

Cheers,
Mat
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
workerboy

Post by workerboy »

I got a IC-PCR1000, it's not too bad. I find I can't scan multiple banks at the same time,ie. can only scan QAS as it is in one bank, QPS, QFRS, Taxis are all in separate banks. The good points are I can store where the signal / station is from. My scanner runs off a serial cable, tho it will work with a USB adapter or PCI card.

My opinion is I would rather a good desktop scanner with ID tagging, my IC-PCR1000 has even put me off the idea of a scanner card (I think winscan put them out)

It's lucky I got it fairly cheap and scans to 1000Mhz with no skips ;)

Sorry to be negative