GM338 software problem

Discussion on Motorola technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
GME Man

GM338 software problem

Post by GME Man »

Hello everyone, the software I use for my Motorola GM338 uhf will not read the radio. The version of CPS is R06.12.02 which has been working fine for months but all of a sudden it will not read my radio, even when I click read radio and check that the com port is correct. I am probably doing one simple thing wrong but if anyone has had this problem before can you please let me know.

Cheers
GME Man
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: GM338 software problem

Post by Phantom »

Cable problems? Driver problems?
GME Man

Post by GME Man »

Don't think there are any cable or driver problems as I have double checked and I have also tried it on a friends pc, which worked properly because it's a genuine cable. I will keep having a muck around with it and hopefully get this issue solved.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

So if you pull out the comm plug from the computer in the port section it also disappears from there?
you push it back in and port 5 ect.... appears.
make sure that in the com port section of the M program you have selected the right port.
you need to go direct into the program to find this.
GME Man

Post by GME Man »

Yes I have double checked this but like I said in the first post, I am probably just doing one simple thing wrong :)
GME Man
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

remove the program and all trace of it in the Common files. then reinstall it, might work.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

One thing about these sorts of things, sometimes the leads will only work if they are plugged into the USB port that was used when the driver was installed.