Motorola JT 1000

Discussion on Motorola technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
scannerman

Motorola JT 1000

Post by scannerman »

Hi just wondering if anyone has and programming software for the jt 1000 i cant program mine with the keypad as the display is dead its an ex cfa radio i want to put some conventional rx ch's in it. the last know software i was told was dos based and i cant even find a copy of that on the net i have the cable and seriel port and a old win 98 pc any help would be great thanks
scannerman

Re: Motorola JT 1000

Post by scannerman »

Hi All since i never got a reply from anyone i decided to investigate and learn more about this radio myself
i have included the ms dos software. you will need to download a ms dos startup disk from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

what you will need.
1 A JT1000 Dir!
2 programming cable
3 A computer with a usb port or even better a floppy drive
4 A serial port
5 A usb floppy drive (if no internal drive)

if you have a modern pc what you will need to do is buy a usb floppy drive of ebay they are fairly cheap around $10
once you have a usb floppy drive insert a blank disk and copy the ht1000 folder to the root of the disk.
then insert another blank disk and download a boot disk and write the boot disk image to a blank 3.5" floppy by double clicking the image file.
once you have done this reboot your pc and go into your computers bios settings and go to the boot priority tab.
set your pc to boot of a floppy or usb device
make sure the new disk you just wrote is in the drive and plugged into a usb port. note if you have a internal 3.5" floppy drive you can just use this instead of the usb floppy drive.
reboot your pc and it should boot of the floppy drive into ms dos
you should be at a a:\ prompt
take out the bootdisk and insert the disk you copied the ht1000 folder to
type cd then press spacebar and type ht1000 then hit enter
then type ht1000 and presto you will be in your program ready to program your radio

it sounds complicated but if you remember your ms dos commands its fairly easy any questions feel free to reply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.