Disassembling a GP 338

Discussion on Motorola technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Magoo736643
Newly Registered Users

Disassembling a GP 338

Post by Magoo736643 »

Hi,

I have a GP 338 with an intermittent ptt button, it makes closure on pressure so I believe its just a dry joint on the board.

I have got the service manual but for the life of me I can't figure out hot to get into the damn thing.

Anybody got any tips?

Thanks,

Dave
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Disassembling a GP 338

Post by Phantom »

Got a hammer?
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

There is a special plastic device that goes in under the bottom of the radio at the back. Accidently came across it when looking for something else on Google.

Sorry don't have one, oh there are a few u tube video's out that show how it is done.

Cheers
Scannersplitterguy

Post by Scannersplitterguy »

I think Shane (rochedalescan) has the right tool. He sent a Motorola radio to me several months ago to repair and I had to use the plastic tool he included. Don't try to force the radio open without the right tool - you can guarantee it will break otherwise.
http://www.scannerantennasplitter.com
http://www.acdcmanuals.com
AOR AR8200MK3, Icom IC-R75, UBC370CRS, UH7750NB, SR162 VHF AIS, SDR USB Dongle, Anytone AT-6666, Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah 27 MHz AM/SSB, QJE QJ-PS30II 30A PSU, Diamond DJ-130 Discone, Shockwave 5/8 27MHz, DIY HF longwire
Magoo736643
Newly Registered Users

Post by Magoo736643 »

Figured it out - take all the knobs off and gently pry it open from the bottom and slide the board down as soon as its free.