Vehicle Installation

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
Kazzaw
Forum Manager

Vehicle Installation

Post by Kazzaw »

Hi Guys,

Had a bit of spare time recently, and thinking of playing around with an old vehicle that isn't being used much and converting it into my daily.

What I'm wanting to do, is install an Analogue scanner into the vehicle as well as a UHF.

What are the best antenna/s to use for this application. I would be interested in receiving around the 75Mhz area as well as 400-520Mhz as well on the scanner, and will be using an 80ch UHF... Is something like this possible? All will be mounted permanently into a vehicle. Looking like the Uniden 355XLT will be my scanner of choice, and I have a Uniden UH8060S laying around so that will be the UHF. Is a single antenna better for the installation or dual antennas - One for UHF one for Scanner...

Thanks for any advice
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Vehicle Installation

Post by Phantom »

You are going to have to need two antennae as one is RX and the other is potentially used for RX/TX.