Icom Ic-41pro programming

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
Danbenson
Newly Registered Users

Icom Ic-41pro programming

Post by Danbenson »

G'day guys,

New to the forum! My names dan I'm 22 years old, single father living in northern nsw. Currently a member of nswrfs and nswvra.

For use on jobs I have purchased an icom Ic41pro

I will be using bands 470-520mhz which this radio is capable..

Some people are telling me these frequencies, I'm able to programme, whilst others are saying it must be done by a dealer.. can anyone confirm the right direction? Or have the "dealer software" so that I can do it myself?

Cheers guys.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Icom Ic-41pro programming

Post by Phantom »

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum. Interesting 1st post.....

Using bands.... Is what you are asking to Transmit on these bands?
Are you licensed or approved to use this band and in particular, the frequency?

I would suggest that you talk to your superiors at work and discuss this with them, and see what their thoughts are. If so, you will probably need proof that you have been approved and then - get it programmed professionally - with your Tech department for whom you work.....

That my 5c.....

Unfortunately there are too many people who think they are authorised or pretend to be authorised and actually create more harm than good on a commercial band
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Afternoon Dan and welcome. A lot of the volunteer organizations have a form letter authorizing the programming of the private frequencies. Speak to your group leader or district comms officer, they should know the procedure. As far as the software is concerned the cloning software is available from the manufacturer's website but this does not allow you to add frequencies with TX capabilities. You will need to contact your local dealer to get the private channels added. Regards
Yipyip
Danbenson
Newly Registered Users

Post by Danbenson »

Thanks very much guys that helps a lot!

Yes I do have authorisation to use these bands as I am issued a personal UHF for this purpose. However it's quality and upkeeping is poor so with their permission I have purchased my own. So that I know I have quality equipment at all times. The current radio I have is icom. Could I maybe clone it (all the channels I require) into my new radio? Or must they be the same model also?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Best and safest way would be to discuss your requests with your team leaders or managers
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning Dan. With Icom the general rule is IC-41s or w to IC-41s or w, IC-41pro to IC-41pro, IC-400pro to IC-400pro and IC-410pro to IC-410pro. Icom do have some commercial models that can clone across models but in the UHF CB range it means generating a new *.ICF file for each model. There are a couple of the big brand names that use an export / import system that is based on Excel that allows for cross brand cloning but Icom is not one of them. I hope this is helpful, Regards Yipyip