TH-UVF9D TYT

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
monson

TH-UVF9D TYT

Post by monson »

Hi
Just wondering if any one can help me out to expand the frequency on range on my unit above to work on the UHF BAND 400-520 MHz

I purchased the unit hoping it would work for the UHF frequencies if Iam unable to chance the frequency I will have to buy another unit ?

So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Michael
railscan

Re: TH-UVF9D TYT

Post by railscan »

What band is it?

I assume it is VHF? If so, sell it and buy a UHF radio, there is no practical way to alter the VHF so that it will work on UHF.

R
monson

Post by monson »

Going by the manual it's possible
Just don't know how
railscan

Post by railscan »

While not familiar with this radio, it appears reading the paragraph under the heading, that the expanded frequency first has to be enabled using the software. Do you have the cable and software?

The software can be downloaded here: http://www.tyt888.com/download.aspx?page=3

As usual the user manuals are never clear on some functions.

R
monson

Post by monson »

Thanks I have just ordered the software usb cable how it works .
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

What frequency are you wanting to use it one?
I don't believe this is unit is approved for use outside the amateur bands?
monson

Post by monson »

UHF . The unit under this model works it's an 8 . I hope with the software will work if not I will buy the model before this one and sell this
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

As mentioned, these radios are not approved for use on the band you are wanting. Sure go ahead an spend more money, but you are opening Pandora's box for using non approved equipment.

These radios will work on UHF, but you are failing to mention what part of the band you are wanting to use or what frequency
monson

Post by monson »

Iam sure the 8 dollar USB lead won't break the bank . And who cares if it's not approved . Are you the radio police ?
railscan

Post by railscan »

monson wrote:Iam sure the 8 dollar USB lead won't break the bank . And who cares if it's not approved . Are you the radio police ?
From previous posts he would like to think so.

R
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

monson wrote:And who cares if it's not approved . Are you the radio police ?
That's a pretty pathetic attitude to bring to the hobby. The licences that allow you to use CB monson may not require you to apply for permission or make payment, but that doesn't mean that you don't need to abide by the laws that come with that licence use. Any person of decent standing would agree

Non approved equipment, more so cheap equipment, can - and does - cause interference to legitimate hobby users as well as commercial users and emergency services. Junk equipment such as the TYT would be a prime example - it is cheap for a reason.
railscan

Post by railscan »

The point is, unless he is of mental defect, he is responsible for his own actions and may suffer the consequences of not abiding by the law if he so chooses not to. We don't need 'big brother' in the form of half baked forum managers saying tat, tat, tat for what they perceive to be a breach of the law. Certain classes of licences allow the use of so called 'junk' equipment legally. Amateur and Scientific are two that come to mind. Did anyone bother to enquire if the Op has either?

Whether TYT is junk is somewhat subjective. Ever tested it? Bet not.

Am I an advocate for the use of non type approved equipment - no? I am however an advocate for personal responsibility and a lot less of the big brother mentality and political correctness that has invaded our lives.

Rather than play "radio police" and wave the motherly finger at those who transgress, say nothing at all.

R
monson

Post by monson »

dags19

Post by dags19 »

take it easy guys he only asked a simple question for f sake
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

He asked a question, didn't answer questions and then didn't like the comments, even though they were correct.
monson

Post by monson »

I'll fix it myself a lot easier ..