Telescopic Mast

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
alphanull25

Telescopic Mast

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi. I recently purchased a telescopic mast from Jaycar. Its 4.5 meters in length and very light weight. Now I can receive a lot more. I also tried an experiment with a television antenna amplifier. I wired up BNC connectors to fit the scanner and tested it out. The results were not that great. I was pulling in nearby repeaters on every frequency in the spectrum. However I was able to pull in some weaker signals. I have this fantasy of picking up 468.9125 in Caloundra from Beenleigh. I heard it once last summer on a very hot evening. All I got with the amplifier attached was the Gold Coast North repeater in Beenleigh. Oh well. :)
rapps_101

Re: Telescopic Mast

Post by rapps_101 »

You'd have better luck trying for channel 50 at Wilkies Knob instead of 87 at Caloundra
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
alphanull25

Re: Telescopic Mast

Post by alphanull25 »

I have that one in as well. Channel 50 and Channel 87 were coming in the other night for about half an hour or so. 87 was stronger than 50. Surprised me, but thats skip conditions for ya :)