Antenna supplies

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
Ianml

Antenna supplies

Post by Ianml »

Can anyone recommend an antenna supplies company to purchase pole/mast 20 foot plus,  brackets, clamps and guy wires to attach to brick wall and mount antenna's on.

Or would I just be best to get a company in to rig it all up and supply kit.

Also looking for earth spike install.

Antenna hanging off the kit would be long wire, discone, and weather instuments etc.

Southn Brisbane area
Thanks in advance

Ian
Ianml

Re: Antenna supplies

Post by Ianml »

I just found this company on the net. Seems to have all that I am looking for.

http://www.hillsantenna.com.au/en/Produ ... cat?cat=11

Ian
Comint

Post by Comint »

Ianml wrote:I just found this company on the net. Seems to have all that I am looking for.

http://www.hillsantenna.com.au/en/Produ ... cat?cat=11

Ian
Or there is this one - Top Line Aerials (bit slow to load).

--
Comint
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

I used to buy all my second hand telescopic masts from TV antenna installers but back when people were downgrading from huge systems to smaller Digital Ready arrays (always a good starting point IMHO), hardware places like Bunnings also usually have all the brackets you need as well... metal merchants (like Blue Scope/Metal Land) also sell suitable pipes if you tell them the intended purpose the staff can help you select something appropriate (don't for the love of all things radio use steam pipe) :wink:

You'll need a sparky for the grounding spike if it's for any mains application, if purely to ground out your antenna systems then electrical suppliers would have the 2m grounding rods.

I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your finalised set up especially the HF side of things...
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040
Ianml

Post by Ianml »

Thanksfor the info guys.

Ian