ZCG SM39 as FM/DAB+ antenna

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
Big Damo
Newly Registered Users

ZCG SM39 as FM/DAB+ antenna

Post by Big Damo »

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask in, my question is related to FM/DAB+ radio rather than scanning, but I figured the people here are all radio tech savvy :)

I'm doing a project car, and I've decided to ditch the factory AM/FM antenna and head unit, for a FM/DAB+ head unit, and I want to replace the factory up/down electric aerial before it fails.

I'm looking at using a ZCG SM39:

http://www.zcg.com.au/Catalogue/04a-SM3 ... g_whip.pdf

It says it covers 40MHz to 950MHz, which would cover FM and DAB+, convenient!

The only problem is that these new DAB+ head units have a separate aerial port for DAB+, and one for AM/FM.

Is it possible to get a "double adaptor" type connector so I can run just the one aerial to both ports of the head unit?

Or do I just buy two of them and have two aerials, one on each front quarter panel?

I'm also after a UHF aerial as well, have to be boot mounted I think:

http://www.zcg.com.au/Catalogue/04b-GID480-QF.pdf

I like the look of this one :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks much.
oldicom
Newly Registered Users

Re: ZCG SM39 as FM/DAB+ antenna

Post by oldicom »

GDAY DAB is around 200Mhz In Melborne its multiplexed on TV Channel 9s frequency, I am not sure if its vertical or Horizontal polarisation Prob Vert Thats why theres a seperate port as it it is 100Mhz away If you are not tech savvy, just buy a seperate antenna for dab , if you are just cut a quarter wave or something similar and mount it If you near the TV transmitters 50Km Bazinga It will work a note too broad banded antennas can be a compromise. even some of the best manufacturers get it wrong
Rgs
Peter
Comint

Re: ZCG SM39 as FM/DAB+ antenna

Post by Comint »

The attached PDF, courtesy of ACMA, shows all the DAB Frequencies for Australia.
DAB_Frequency_Blocks_2013.pdf
--
Comint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.