Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

Side mount

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.

Side mount

Postby terryhaynes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Hiya,

Just bought this and was wondering if anybody else was using one as well. I read they are omnidirectional but also read that it has poor reception behind the mast. So do I need to point it in a certain direction and how far from the mast should I mount it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
terryhaynes
Forum Manager

Re: Side mount

Postby Yipyip46 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 am

Good Morning terryhaynes, These pages are from an RFI Semiar that I attend. I hope they are helpful. Regards Yipyip.
Antenna_Page_1.jpg
Antenna_Page_2.jpg
Antenna_Page_3.jpg
Antenna_Page_4.jpg
Antenna_Page_5.jpg
Antenna_Page_6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yipyip46

Postby Phantom » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 am

Very interesting slides.
Thanks for sharing them
Phantom
Forum Manager

Postby terryhaynes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks for the slideshow Yipyip.

I have a 2 metre mast and I want to put 3 antennas on it (RX only). On top will be a collinear antenna, followed by a 9 element yagi, then the side mount dipole. Now they will be maybe 2-3 feet apart and was wondering if this will be okay or will they cause each other problems?

Terry
terryhaynes
Forum Manager

Postby Yipyip46 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 am

Good Morning terryhaynes, For RX there should be very little noticeable effect. As a rule I suggest you space them as far apart as possible, depending on the mounting setup. TX is a different story but. Regards Yipyip
Yipyip46

Return to Installations & Modifications