Melbourne man guilty of Radiocommunications Act offences

Stay informed and up to date with the latest happenings in the radio communications land, these are reposts from other news websites
michael
Administrator

Melbourne man guilty of Radiocommunications Act offences

Post by michael »

26th September 2014

A Melbourne man who deliberately disrupted a taxi company’s radiocommunications system using a non-standard radio transmitter, has been fined $3,500 and ordered to pay costs after pleading guilty to three offences under the Radiocommunications Act 1992 (the Act).

The court finding follows an investigation by the Australian Communications and Media Authority into allegations of radio interference at West Gippsland Taxis Pty Ltd. ACMA Inspectors found the defendant using a transmitter that he had modified to disrupt taxi operations and make frivolous calls to Triple Zero and the RACV using the taxi service’s frequency.

Source / full article:
http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Supplie ... t-offences
ozradio

Re: Melbourne man guilty of Radiocommunications Act offences

Post by ozradio »

People like this make it harder for people like me who choose to involve ourselves in the hobby of amateur radio. Whenever things like this occur then it becomes so much harder to get access to the equipment which in the right hands is perfectly safe and free from interference.
ozradio
Simoco SRM9030Plus TU Band, SRM9030Plus AC Band, SRM9005 AC Band, SRM9022 TU Band
Tait T2000II, Barrett Crystal Locked HF Set, Uniden 80 Channel UHF
Vkfour

Re: Melbourne man guilty of Radiocommunications Act offences

Post by Vkfour »

This is why I am quick to remind people of the law and I am left wondering why radio enthusiasts quickly disagree with me. Merry Christmas everyone