New Uniden Scanners

Stay informed and up to date with the latest happenings in the radio communications land, these are reposts from other news websites
rochedalescan
Founder

New Uniden Scanners

Post by rochedalescan »

Uniden have announced the release of two new scanners.

The handheld version the BCD436HP Image

And the desktop version Image

They are rumored to be retailed at around $499 for the handheld and $599 for the desktop. Both planned to be released to the U.S January 2014.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
dags19

Re: New Uniden Scanners

Post by dags19 »

with everything going encrypt these days is it worth the money to import one!!!
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Bit of a blog article I did on this subject yesterday.
http://vicradiozone.wordpress.com/2013/ ... -launched/
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Anyone imported/using either of these scanners yet? Any feedback?
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Looks nice

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

U tube presentations were unimpressive to me. A tinny audio and lots to figure out. The inbuilt programming is for USA and Canada, so they wouldn't be of any use here.
There's no sign of them on the Uniden.com.au site who still display the old models. I doubt if an Australian version would be made for retail here.
dags19

Post by dags19 »

all you have to do is create a new favorites lists and go from there,i think everything is disabled by default you have to enable things in it, a little bit backwards
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

No DMR (even maybe NXDN) = no point.

Aside from Phase 2 P25 (that I don't believe is being used in Aus unencrypted anyway) there is nothing these scanners can pick up that older Aussie banded scanners already scan.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Newy1234 wrote:Anyone imported/using either of these scanners yet? Any feedback?
yes i have a uniden 436hp and im not happy with it. the software has changed its not supported by freescan and hard to program im thinking of selling mine
Radio_Australia

Post by Radio_Australia »

vkcpolice wrote:
Newy1234 wrote:Anyone imported/using either of these scanners yet? Any feedback?
yes i have a uniden 436hp and im not happy with it. the software has changed its not supported by freescan and hard to program im thinking of selling mine
I have seen lots of people having issues with this model on Google .
chainz

Post by chainz »

Ill have my 436hp in about an hour. Won't be able to play with it until I finish work in 4 hours though
luxxy82

Post by luxxy82 »

Hey there. Can u please let me know how u go with ur new scanner. As I am looking at purchasing one. If I can get police that are currently encrypted
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

luxxy82 wrote:Hey there. Can u please let me know how u go with ur new scanner. As I am looking at purchasing one. If I can get police that are currently encrypted
Sigh...
"YOUNGN"
railscan

Post by railscan »

luxxy82 wrote:Hey there. Can u please let me know how u go with ur new scanner. As I am looking at purchasing one. If I can get police that are currently encrypted
Can you get police that are currently encrypted, yes you can. Any scanner can do that. Can you resolve the encrypted audio NO. And at the risk of challenging the old adage, "never say never" you are never going to be able to. The level of sophistication is too great. Apart from the fact that US law prohibits it, the scanner R & D people are not going to spend millions, maybe more developing a scanner for an insignificant market like Australia.

Live with the fact that the police are no longer able to be monitored and move on. Listen to something else or sell the bloody scanner and start collecting stamps. Forget about the bloke who knows a bloke who has a mate who has done this. It isn't going to happen.

R
Comint

Post by Comint »

railscan wrote:Can you get police that are currently encrypted, yes you can. Any scanner can do that.

Can you resolve the encrypted audio NO.

And at the risk of challenging the old adage, "never say never" you are never going to be able to. The level of sophistication is too great. Apart from the fact that US law prohibits it, the scanner R & D people are not going to spend millions, maybe more developing a scanner for an insignificant market like Australia.

Live with the fact that the police are no longer able to be monitored and move on. Listen to something else or sell the bloody scanner and start collecting stamps. Forget about the bloke who knows a bloke who has a mate who has done this. It isn't going to happen.

R
I second those comments. Short and sweet, and CORRECT.

--
Comint
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Yes, I agree as well.
For those who loved to monitor emergency services it seems the end is near.

I still enjoy aviation HF and VHF monitoring, but it's not for everyone, especially if you don't know the aviation terms.

Airline company frequencies can be monitored as well. Those are the vhf frequencies that a flight speaks to the airline office at an airport to advise or request movements and sometimes passenger needs. They report times 'off blocks' (departure) and delays as well as any changes. These can be basic, but sometimes there are interesting developments. Monitoring this is best done by simply searching the air band and hitting on a conversation, then entering that frequency into a channel.

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

railscan wrote: Can you get police that are currently encrypted, yes you can. Any scanner can do that. Can you resolve the encrypted audio NO. And at the risk of challenging the old adage, "never say never" you are never going to be able to. The level of sophistication is too great. Apart from the fact that US law prohibits it, the scanner R & D people are not going to spend millions, maybe more developing a scanner for an insignificant market like Australia.

R
What the hell? A reasonable, rational and informed post on the internet!! Pretty rare these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Coming up to 18months since these were released in the US, but still nothing for us! :?
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Newy1234 wrote:Coming up to 18months since these were released in the US, but still nothing for us! :?
The last desktop digital scanner released by Uniden Australia was 10 odd years ago, being the UBCD996T. The US 'XT' model was never released here and neither was the original US 'HomePatrol' series. I wouldn't hold my breath on the 536HP being released in Australia.