Police scanners under review

Stay informed and up to date with the latest happenings in the radio communications land, these are reposts from other news websites
vkcpolice

Re: Police scanners under review

Post by vkcpolice »

I dont ever see digital p25 radios being used in country victoria. police have enough issues with portable radios and communication break downs due to hills and bad terrain to risk wasting the money on such a system that is doomed to fail. they say digital has better range ect. at the end of the day it comes down to still being radio waves bouncing through the air. ive just recently moved to melb from the country so im feeling the digital encrypted corruption and it hurts. i live for police radio and for them to take it of me is hell. the more the government trys to hide things the more they have to cover up.
melbourneradio

Police scanners under review

Post by melbourneradio »

So if this is the case how is the cfa going to work their system ,, p25 more obstructions that the police
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au
sales@secomms.com.au
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

vkcpolice wrote:i live for police radio and for them to take it of me is hell. the more the government trys to hide things the more they have to cover up.
Have you got your tin foil hat on?

Did you ever think about the risk to officer safety when all of their Comms can he heard by the public??
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

If I do a search of post on this forum, I see a lot attributed to rapps_101 who has been listening to Queensland Police. Why the change of heart?
Shaker4x4

Post by Shaker4x4 »

Good point two posts back and it's the first thing that comes to mind when I listen in. So if I were a criminal, which I'm not (but could if I wanted to :twisted: ) But IF were, I would listen to the scanners to locate police patrols before hitting a place, or committing an act of crime, so it stands to reason why they are all going digital and masking themselves from the public, oh and plus they have something to hide obviously :lol: :twisted:

Please don't use tin foil hat comments though, insinuating paranoia is insulting and mocking what others post with genuine merit and intellect I think. I for one don't like it when that had been said to me once under the same circumstance that's all :cry:

Shakes.
hypal89

Post by hypal89 »

Apparently in the early days, journalists got really excited over it, seeing 1S after 1S (sudden death) logged into the system, and started calling Police for details.