QFRS - Helitack Training Session

For all those camera snappy enthusiasts, share your images whether they be of radio communications, emergency services or incidents etc
Stretch
Forum Manager

QFRS - Helitack Training Session

Post by Stretch »

Taken and forwarded by a friend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mitch Rogers
Ashgrovefire

Re: QFRS - Helitack Training Session

Post by Ashgrovefire »

good to see the wiggles out and about. are these based in queensland??
one of my mates (whos dad works with emq at archerfield)
said these are from victoria and fly up during fire season?
anyone know if thats true??
cheers jonno
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

They get transported over for the fire season. Arrived couple of days before this training session (start of last week).

Based at Archerfield and during the fire season they perform daily patrols leaving Archerfield, down to the border, out to South West Region and back to Archerfield, have a break and then do the same heading North.

Believe they're from WA as I'm pretty sure aircraft with starting with 6 are Western Australian. One of the aviation guys on here will be able to tell you that.

Mitch
Mitch Rogers
BradT87

Post by BradT87 »

Yes, these aircraft are only in Queensland for our fire season, I thought they came from WA but I'm sure someone on here knows more than me and will give a more detailed story.

They (three I believe) are based at Archerfield while they are here, but on days of elevated fire danger they are moved to strategically advantageous positions in South East Qld for a faster response.

**thanks Stretch, u beat me to it while I was typing, but it looks like at least some of my info is correct :-)
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

yeh according to the air opps guys when we did our infomation tecnology day they come from WA
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
scanners simoco 9020vhf, simoco 9020uhf, IC-400pro, IC-41s, ubc340crs