Legal Ramifications of Live Streaming? AUSTRALIA QLD

Listen to radios & scanners over the internet with live streaming, this forum has status updates and general listener support
DigiDave

Legal Ramifications of Live Streaming? AUSTRALIA QLD

Post by DigiDave »

_____

What are the legalities of broadcasting Police Frequencies online? Australia QLD

My wife and I live in - Hervey Bay QLD. Also known as the Wide Bay Area.

We would appreciate any links to the "official" laws regarding the Ownership of Scanners and especially to Laws covering the topic of Broadcasting police Frequencies Online.

Do online Webcasts - Live Streamers of Police Scanners advertise one's service?
Is having a Face Book Page on your stream asking for trouble?
Is your service a Low Key Operation?

Once we know the grey area and feel confident that our gear will not be confiscated due to live streaming, we would be more than happy to purchase a scanner, base antenna, associated peripherals and commence a full time live stream for the Wide Bay Area.

Look forward to your replies.
~Dave.
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: Legal Ramifications of Live Streaming? AUSTRALIA QLD

Post by youngn »

I wouldn't bother, won't be long and that area will be totally on the GWN.
"YOUNGN"
Vkfour

Re: Legal Ramifications of Live Streaming? AUSTRALIA QLD

Post by Vkfour »

There is nothing in the Radd Comm Act to prevent anyone listening to anything they like, with the exception of devices connected directly to the public telephone system. The law does prohibit you re-broadcasting over the air, but not via Internet, but, your area will be part of the GWN system. No time frame yet, but Gympie should be part of it by the end of the year.