MFB channels on digital.

This forum is a collective database of frequencies and information (callsigns, talk group ID's, channel allocations etc) for Victoria
Control Unit 1

MFB channels on digital.

Post by Control Unit 1 »

Sorry gang for another one of my post, hope your all not sick of me already. :?

Just trying to work out what channels are used and when. Back in the old analog days......

CH 1 Central Zone
CH 2 Western and Northern Zones
CH 3 Southern and Eastern

Now I have no idea what's happening, something's it's the same as above ( but on digital ), then other times CH 5 is operating with, Central, Southern and Eastern, CH 4 Northern. Then other days CH 3 has Central and Southern, CH 5 with Eastern.

Or is it just me, bit confused.

Thanks

Brian
UBCD396XT, TX4000, AX144
Pumper_50

Re: MFB channels on digital.

Post by Pumper_50 »

Northern & Western are nearly always 'patched'. I've seen it become unpatched if there is a big job on in one of the Districts and ESTA have an operator to man the channels seperately.

Appliances in each of these Districts still use their allocated TGID's (Channels) and don't see any difference, those being;
Ch.02 Northern (TGID 10001)
Ch.04 Western (TGID 10003)

I believe what happens from my own observations is given they're patched what shows on your scanner will depend on what Channel is classed as the 'parent' and what is the 'tag along' so too speak. I know very un-technical terms, but it helps with the explanation.

Example:
If Northern has Western 'patched' to it then you'll see the Northern TGID as it will be classed as the parent.
If Western has Northern 'patched' to it then you'll see the Western TGID as it will be classed as the parent.

As for:
Ch.01 Central (TGID 10000)
Ch.03 Southern (TGID 10002)
Ch.05 Eastern (TGID 10004)

Channels 03 and 05 are the same as the example above.

Ch.01 runs solo of a day, however of an evening it should be patched to Ch.03 and 05 from about 6pm I think it was. Possibly also weekends.

Patch times can vary depending on staffing levels at ESTA, workloads and incidents, so it's not always the rule.

http://vicradiozone.wordpress.com/fire/ ... e-brigade/

Hope that helps.
Control Unit 1

Post by Control Unit 1 »

Thanks Pumper 50 that's great, explains a few thing and thanks also for the link. :D
UBCD396XT, TX4000, AX144
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

No problems.