FS: Uniden UBCD325-P2 AU Digital Phase II Handheld

Are you buying, swapping, selling or even looking for something? Post your advertisement in here and you may find someone who can help
railscan

FS: Uniden UBCD325-P2 AU Digital Phase II Handheld

Post by railscan »

As the title suggest for sale is a brand new in the box, Uniden UBCD325P2 AU handheld Phase II scanner.

This unit comes with full factory warranty and is guaranteed BNIB.

Price is $560 posted anywhere in the country.

R
peteramjet

Re: FS: Uniden UBCD325-P2 AU Digital Phase II Handheld

Post by peteramjet »

A good price. Does the AU version do DMR as well, or is that the US model only? I can't find any details on the Uniden website, but it isn't always the most up to date.
railscan

Post by railscan »

At this stage because of the bloody mindedness of Uniden America, the Australia version of any scanner will not have the DMR upgrade available for it.

I am working it however.

R
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Guess I can just expect the usual response from my latest email to Uniden Australia then, when and if they reply.

So frustrating, seriously considering just purchasing a BCD996P2.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Bugger. The 325 looks like a top scanner, but looks like the 396 will keep ticking along for the moment - until Phase 2 is needed at least.
frankc

Post by frankc »

railscan wrote:At this stage because of the bloody mindedness of Uniden America, the Australia version of any scanner will not have the DMR upgrade available for it.

I am working it however.

R
And whenever you ask Upman to speak to Uniden Australia he basically twlls us h has no influence. At least we got the firmware for the 436/536 to remove the 800Mhz Block and bring it to Aussie Bandplan

Frustrating but keep trying Russell :-)
railscan

Post by railscan »

UP Man is the Product Development Manager for North America and what he says is correct he has no say as to what happens here. Just as the Product Development Manager for Australia doesn't dictate to America.

From discussions that have already occurred I know it is not a simple matter of just getting the firmware and releasing it to the Australian general public. There are other factors involved that I cannot go into in any detail.

Suffice to say, I am working on it and will do so until it happens or gets the thumbs down.

R
frankc

Post by frankc »

railscan wrote:UP Man is the Product Development Manager for North America and what he says is correct he has no say as to what happens here. Just as the Product Development Manager for Australia doesn't dictate to America.

From discussions that have already occurred I know it is not a simple matter of just getting the firmware and releasing it to the Australian general public. There are other factors involved that I cannot go into in any detail.

Suffice to say, I am working on it and will do so until it happens or gets the thumbs down.

R
Thanks for the info - Hope we get a positive outcome from Uniden - Your efforts as an Elder Statesman of the Hobby are much appreciated :-)
railscan

Post by railscan »

frankc wrote:... an Elder Statesman of the Hobby ...
Elder Statesman? Hmmm never quite thought of myself as statesman like, political correctness is not my scene. But I appreciate the sentiment.

R
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

railscan wrote:
Elder Statesman? Hmmm never quite thought of myself as statesman like, political correctness is not my scene. But I appreciate the sentiment.

R
It's probably better than some of the names you've been called before.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
frankc

Post by frankc »

railscan wrote:

R
To quote here:http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elder+statesman
elder statesman
n.
A prominent, highly experienced older man, especially one acting as an unofficial adviser.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
elder statesman
n
an old, experienced, and eminent person, esp a politician, whose advice is often sought
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
eld′er states′man
n.
an older, experienced person whose advice is often sought.
[1900–05]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.