Help for newbie on trunking setup with UBCD436-PT

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
Klaus
Newly Registered Users

Help for newbie on trunking setup with UBCD436-PT

Post by Klaus »

Can someone help me with setting up a SES Favourite List for SES on the UBCD436-PT? Or can someone point me to instructions that can be understood by a newbie? I am trying to add SES to the scanner of one of our firefighters who is also in the SES.

I have no experience but understand how conventional scanning works. I did find SES frequencies but how do I setup a trunking system in the UBCD436-PT?

Do I understand correctly that I need to add a "Site" for each repeater?
What frequency do I have to add to each site, the control channel RX frequency or traffic channels as well?
Do I need to setup "Departments"? I believe Departments hold the Talk Group IDs, what is the correct format for these?
I found a site with TGIDs and a Prefix, where do I put the prefix?

Or is anybody willing to provide me with a hpe file?
madmarto

Re: Help for newbie on trunking setup with UBCD436-PT

Post by madmarto »

If you're trying to trunk the Vic SMR with a scanner, my understanding is that it can only be done while connected to a PC and running software like TrunkView. I have the SMR frequencies entered as a conventional group for listening to SES, AV, etc
You can do this easily with the Sentinel software provided with the scanner (on the SD card), you just have to enter each frequency individually (no import function)
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
Pumper_50

Re: Help for newbie on trunking setup with UBCD436-PT

Post by Pumper_50 »

SMR is MPT1327, your scanner, and every other one, is unable to follow such a protocol.

You'd be best off taking madmarto's advice.

Mind you some of frequencies for SMR are pretty much set aside for exclusive use by AV RAVNET most times. Same with Sheriff's.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk