back from our trip

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
rredbeak

back from our trip

Post by rredbeak »

ok,we're back in ipswich and started trunkview and running the bc996T.
Everything is going well but one thing.
I installed SITES drom the forum ,thats all fine but i have to click the site i want. Is there some way trunkview will progressuively run through them all please?

Theres around 36 or so [guessing] and its annoying to click on "SITES" and rndomely click here or there.

Cheers Rod
I LOVE AOR scanners, but cant afford the newer ones LOL. So Uniden is it.
Comint

Re: back from our trip

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:ok,we're back in ipswich and started trunkview and running the bc996T.
Everything is going well but one thing.
I installed SITES drom the forum ,thats all fine but i have to click the site i want. Is there some way trunkview will progressuively run through them all please?

Theres around 36 or so [guessing] and its annoying to click on "SITES" and rndomely click here or there.

Cheers Rod
If you have scanner audio going into the PC when you start TrunkView, it will automatically select the Site that is listed against the SysID been broadcast.

Neither TrunkView, nor any other such program, can progressively run through all the Sites.

--
Comint
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

TY and yes ive been watching it run all afternoon using "Statistics" i can see all different sites coming up and on trunkview i can see all the different freqs showing up.

Im SLOW but im getting there LOL.

its running via a comp cable and the audio seperatley via the headphones to line input.

Cheers Rod
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Silly question again.

I just went through the SITES d/l from this forum and all the freqs are basically exactky the same.
SO,i just find the district closest to me and let it run ?

Im in IPswich literally,but ipswich doesnt get much action,BUT Marburg [few k's straight liune] is flooded with calls.
Theyre both the same freqs so any reason why ?

Cheers Rod
Comint

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:I just went through the SITES d/l from this forum and all the freqs are basically exactky the same.
In Australia, there are three Blocks of frequencies reserved for Trunked Radio use, namely:-

165.1875 - 168.1875 - 240 Channels (12.5 kHz)
415.5625 - 418.0625 - 200 Channels (12.5 kHz), and
865.0125 - 869.9875 - 200 Channels (25 kHz)

which is why all the frequencies appear the same.

However, the ACMA doesn't strictly follow this Bandplan, and Vertel UHF operates either side of the specified UHF Band with:-

414.4625 - 419.9875 - 442 Channels (12.5 kHz)

and there are Trunked Radio systems up in the 500 MHz Band, and the 490 MHz area.

Im in IPswich literally,but ipswich doesnt get much action,BUT Marburg [few k's straight liune] is flooded with calls.
Theyre both the same freqs so any reason why ?
I doubt they are 'both the same freqs'.

When you ask questions about Trunked systems, it is helpful if you say which Network, and preferably which Site you are talking about.

Marburg has a Telstra Fleetcoms UHF system (SysID 5481) on 416.3375 MHz, a Vertel UHF system (SysID 7051) on 419.7375 MHz (on The Knobby), and a Biscom VHF system (SysID 0031) on 167.2250 MHz (on Mt Stradbroke).

Users on networked Trunked Radio Systems, such as the Telstra Fleetcoms network, have to pay for each Site they need to access. The more Sites, the more money. Some businesses only need access to one or two Sites, whereas other businesses need State-wide, or National access, and pay for it accordingly, per Radio.

--
Comint
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

jesus,im gunna have to read this a couple of times ROFL...

The common freq in the Sites D/L from THIS forum is 415.5625 on just about all the sites,thats why i wonderred.

BUT,having a search between 865 and 870 theres 3 freqs with a buzzing tone,866.9125,867.9125,868.9125.annoying to loisten to so i never waited to see if it switched to audio calls.

Another unusual thing [to me] is i found the ipswich police on 852.8125. I havent yet gone to Acma register but it took me by surprise.
cheers Rod.

Im a born n bred HF person,never dabbled with anything higher than 30MHz [since the early 70's],YES i have run a scanner many years but things like trunking is a foreign language to me still. Ihave grasp quite a lot but slowly LOL.

Cheers Rod
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Rod,

the first frequency you have there from the sites Download is the Base Frequency, trunkview needs this so that it can get the channels correct, as for the 3 buzzing frequencies in the 800MHz band they are more than likely Motorola Smartnet type systems.

the other frequency you mentioned is a link to another site for the Queensland Police Service it is very directional so you are probably in range from Yamanto to another site.

as comint said there are set bands from the ACMA however there are many trunking systems outside of these bands in the UHF Bands, known systems in queensland are 460, 490, 500 so if you find one have a listen and ask us as there are alot of members on these forums with the knowledge who are more than happy to help
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

TY,i appreciate that. Cheers Rod
Comint

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:The common freq in the Sites D/L from THIS forum is 415.5625 on just about all the sites,thats why i wonderred.
As has been posted in the past, the Trunking System Controller only broadcasts numbers - in this case Channel Numbers. And while the real radio knows what the appropriate frequency is, software such as TrunkView has to calculate the frequency by multiplying the Channel Spacing (12.5 kHz in this case) by the Channel Number, and adding the resultant to the Base Frequency to get the required frequency.

BUT, having a search between 865 and 870 theres 3 freqs with a buzzing tone, 866.9125, 867.9125, 868.9125.annoying to loisten to so i never waited to see if it switched to audio calls.
Those three frequencies are a TETRA Site on Denmark Hill. TETRA is marketed in Australia as Motorola's Zeon Digital Network, and there is currently no scanner available that will monitor a TETRA system.

Another unusual thing [to me] is i found the ipswich police on 852.8125. I havent yet gone to Acma register but it took me by surprise.
It is a link as Brisbanescan said, and is the 'backbone' between a Communications Centre and the Repeater Sites. Used nowadays instead of Landlines. The other 'leg' is at 928.8125 MHz. The frequency is actually licensed to QAS, at Ipswich Hospital, and numerous other places.

--
Comint
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Ty for the input .
I am grasping more all the time,not like my first day at trunking im now getting the background so its falling into place quite well.

Cheers Rod