entering control chanels in order

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
pattyjay

entering control chanels in order

Post by pattyjay »

i have had a quick look on the radio refernece website and found (although there is more) 3trunked networks i wanna punch in, into my UBCD396T.

NSW GRN , telstra fleetcoms uhf, vertel vhf

if say i pick telstra fleetcoms and look at the respective control channels

Waverly 416.20000
Pennant Hills 416.36250
Terry Hills 416.22500
Kurrajong Heights 416.85000
Sugarload Range 416.73750
Mt Penang 416.60000
Gan Gan Hill 416.10000
Knights Hill 416.10000
Razorback Range 416.33750
Kirrawee 416.60000

base freq of 415.5625 and step of 12.5

do the control channels have to be entered in a specific order, the reason i ask this is as when i look at the nsw grn info it says
For data channel channel tracking only all you need is these 32 control channels in order & you will have the entire system:
Control Ch Frequency RX Frequency TX
so if i just use the application the UNIDEN give with the scanner, what order do i put them in??
and also, when i am editing the band plan - what is an offset??? thankkkkkkssssssssssssss

reference- http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6676
Comint

Re: entering control chanels in order

Post by Comint »

pattyjay wrote:NSW GRN , telstra fleetcoms uhf, vertel vhf

if say i pick telstra fleetcoms and look at the respective control channels
For data channel channel tracking only all you need is these 32 control channels in order & you will have the entire system:
Last things first:
The comment about entering the frequencies "in order" no longer applies, unless you have a very old scanner. With early scanners, the 'scan rate' was noticeably slower if you entered frequencies in random order. Generally you entered all the VHF Mid Band together, in order, then all the VHF High Band, then all the UHF Band, etc. Modern day scanners don't show any noticeable difference whether frequencies are entered in order, or randomly.

As for the Trunked Networks you have listed.

There are a number of major Trunked Radio protocols in use around the world, and these are:-

Motorola
EDACS
LTR
APCO25

MPT1327
SmartTrunkII
TETRA
TetraPol
MOTOTRBO
DMR

Trunk Tracking scanners will only handle the first three or four protocols, and there is currently no scanner available that will natively monitor/Trunk Track any of the remaining protocols.

Both Telstra Fleetcoms and Vertel are MPT1327, which can only be Trunk Tracked using additional hardware/software.

An MPT1327 decoding program

--
Comint