Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

SMR with UniTrunker

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's

SMR with UniTrunker

Postby Boort8720 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi All,

I am having some trouble with UniTrunker, trying to decode the Victorian SMR network (MPT1327) with two SDR dongles. I have read over the tutorial and set everything up correctly, with the control channel audio (Mt Kerang, 164.9750MHz) coming through crystal clear. However, the 'Health' meter in UniTrunker displays 0. I have listened to a sample MPT1327 Control Channel online and have noticed a slight variation in sounds. Could this be affecting the the programs ability to decode? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mitch Baker
Mitch Baker

Uniden BCD396XT, BCT15X, UBCD996T, Baofeng BF-888S
Boort8720

Re: SMR with UniTrunker

Postby rob_w » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi, my limited experience with 2 dongles (1 an SDRplay) I found I was having to reinstall Zadig if it did something like you are describing.
FYI I am getting very good results with only 1 dongle though so don't bother with the SDRPlay as a signal source any more for Vic SMR network, would need it for RMR though due to the limited bandwidth with only 1 dongle.
Regards - Rob
rob_w

Re: SMR with UniTrunker

Postby Boort8720 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Rob,

I have tried your solution and done some more fiddling around to no avail. I think I will buy a PC controllable scanner and have another go with TrunkView.

Thanks again,
Mitch Baker

Uniden BCD396XT, BCT15X, UBCD996T, Baofeng BF-888S
Boort8720

Return to Trunking Networks