AVIATION WX THE MOST ACCURATE

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
AIRMAN

AVIATION WX THE MOST ACCURATE

Post by AIRMAN »

Like many others I have a smart phone which has a weather app that can be set for your area. Two mornings ago I woke up and checked the app to find it stated the outside temperature was a pleasant 17.5C when in actual fact it was 4C. This isn't the first time the app had been wrong. I bought another WX app which had more features and for a while it was pretty good, then it too started to make inaccurate reports as well. I've never really been a huge fan of smart phones and the weather app and some others I downloaded were disappointing as well; only half-smart .LOL

I switched on my scanner and found the information weather at my local airport. Airport weather is supplied for the information of aircraft in that region, especially inbound, so it has to be constantly updated.

If you reside within VHF range of your airport, you should be able to find the continuous weather report operating 7/24 supplying air temp, barometric pressure, wind details and any other matters. Find an easy to remember memory slot on your scanner and program it in with a L/O feature so that it won't keep stopping on it when your'e scanning. Its more reliable than a smartphone app and less vague than the TV weather girl. I find it hard to remember what she says as I find her too mesmeric!
dags19

Re: AVIATION WX THE MOST ACCURATE

Post by dags19 »

One for airman thats what i do!!
tanger32au

Re: AVIATION WX THE MOST ACCURATE

Post by tanger32au »

I also do the same, in my case I am just on the fringe of the coverage for this so need to turn the squelch off to hear it.