AIRLINE VHF ACTIVITIES

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
AIRMAN

AIRLINE VHF ACTIVITIES

Post by AIRMAN »

Here's some of the action I get here:

Regular voice traffic to their control at BNE:
QANTAS - 129.500
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA - 131.500

Occasional to BNE:
CATHAY PACIFIC - 129.750
EMIRATES - 130.050
JETSTAR - 130.225
TIGER - 128.850

If any member here monitors airlines, I would appreciate your knowledge of any other active frequencies. The most interesting are incoming international flights.
bodyguard

Re: AIRLINE VHF ACTIVITIES

Post by bodyguard »

nice list mate,

is that while they are still airbourne ?

Haven't looked into that part of aviation scanning
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Tiger don't have a freq in Brisbane - rather their ground handling company (aerocare i believe?)

I think you will find that the Virgin Domestic Freq is 131.15 - typically only used when getting close to the airport to convey boring information - however with the ever increasing use of ACARS - i think you will find voice traffic will decrease as ACARS info can be sent over a greater distance than Air-Ground voice (direct)
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

orangepeel wrote:Tiger don't have a freq in Brisbane - rather their ground handling company (aerocare i believe?)

I think you will find that the Virgin Domestic Freq is 131.15 - typically only used when getting close to the airport to convey boring information - however with the ever increasing use of ACARS - i think you will find voice traffic will decrease as ACARS info can be sent over a greater distance than Air-Ground voice (direct)
I don't know what the score is with Tiger, but I have heard them talking to BNE. I only get one side of the conversation. That's from the aircraft itself when it is in range of my antenna. My best captures are from inbound flights from the n/west sometimes visible on descent to BNE come in loud and clear.

Some arrivals get here at night as well but mostly in the mornings.

I receive Virgin on 131.500 pretty good up here.

Yes, ACARS has replaced a lot of air talk, but not all.

May be boring to many, each to their own mate. I've been monitoring the airbands for years and I find it more of a satisfying change from the local action which is the usual run on a Saturday night of cops dealing with fights, drunks and druggies.
Last edited by AIRMAN on Mon May 07, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

bodyguard wrote:nice list mate,

is that while they are still airbourne ?

Haven't looked into that part of aviation scanning

Hey BG,
To answer you question, yes I hear only the aircraft in flight.

You may need to hook up a voice active recorder as there are lengthy periods of inactivity. I am lucky to have the R20 which has a recorder built-in. I can select a company like Emirates, and set the recorder in VOA mode and sleep all night. Next day I can play back the traffic.

Also helps to familiarize yourself with the international arrival schedules at BNE:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/a ... +QLD%2C+AU
Phantom
Forum Manager

AIRLINE VHF ACTIVITIES

Post by Phantom »

131.5MHz I think u will find will be a typo - unless u were getting Qantas from Avalon.

Virgin Domestic in Brisbane is ONLY on 131.15MHz on the air and, however there are cross-band repeaters but they are on the UHF band.
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

OK OP I'll put in 131.150 as well and I'll see what happens.
Phantom
Forum Manager

AIRLINE VHF ACTIVITIES

Post by Phantom »

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/assig ... ID=1410636 is what you are looking for...

Just a brief search of locations around the airport will give you freqs to listen into.... Hope you find a few more freqs that you may interesting... http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_ ... 153.119951

You may hear some activity on 131.2 - should reach you direct from the aircraft (when airborne) to you in the Toowoomba area.
bathurstscan

Post by bathurstscan »

If your around the Bathurst , Orange area tune into these

You will hear Center on all these, including aircraft! Can hear them all on my radio scanner stream at http://www.bathurstscan.com/streams/