Visual Flight Tracking

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
bodyguard

Visual Flight Tracking

Post by bodyguard »

Below is a couple sites that I stumbled across today by accident.
There is a 40min delay due to security reasons but I nevertheless found them interesting.

http://bne.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Brisbane :D

http://ool.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Gold Coast :lol:

http://syd.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Sydney

http://mel.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Melbourne

http://per.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Perth

http://adl.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html Adelaide
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
hotmetal1000

Re: Visual Flight Tracking

Post by hotmetal1000 »

Nice find indeed, it must only moniter planes below 3000m. I sat here watching and noticed departing flights were dropping off before reaching the edges of the map, closer observation it was happening at 3000m. Then I watched a prop plane depart and make it all the way to the edge.
workerboy

Post by workerboy »

Awesome Find. Now I can find out what flights fly over near home
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Why the faces BG?
Mitch Rogers
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Stretch wrote:Why the faces BG?
cause I could :roll:
Cheers
BG

Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

I dont think the delay is to do with security concerns ...

I think this website is mainly used for noise monitoring ... rather than flight tracking ....

There are noise monitors mounted around most of the major airports - and using sydney as example - there are only allowed a certain amount of movements (t/o and ldgs) per hour and this is primarilary due to noise.

Most of the major airports use a noise abatement departure depending on the runway in use.

As you can see - if you look back - you will notice little noise (-dB) meters around and they will advise the level of noise as the aircraft passes over....

Noise is one think (noone told you to buy that cheap house under the flight path!!) but then safety of the flight is prarmount...
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Looking forward to getting into BNE & OOL with my scanner going.

Terrific find BG - well done mate :wink:
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

orangepeel wrote:I dont think the delay is to do with security concerns ...

I think this website is mainly used for noise monitoring ... rather than flight tracking ....

There are noise monitors mounted around most of the major airports - and using sydney as example - there are only allowed a certain amount of movements (t/o and ldgs) per hour and this is primarilary due to noise.

Most of the major airports use a noise abatement departure depending on the runway in use.

As you can see - if you look back - you will notice little noise (-dB) meters around and they will advise the level of noise as the aircraft passes over....

Noise is one think (noone told you to buy that cheap house under the flight path!!) but then safety of the flight is prarmount...

hmm its all about aviation security as posted below

Quick Links

* Home
* Locations
* More Information

Noise Enquiry

* Lodge a Noise Complaint

WebTrak

WebTrak is an innovative system providing the community with information on where and how high aircraft fly, as well as noise levels of these operations.

It allows members of the public access to detailed information on aircraft operations around major airports.

WebTrak is part of the largest integrated Noise and Flight Path Monitoring System in the world.

How does it work?

WebTrak uses information from air traffic control secondary surveillance radars to monitor aircraft:

* within 55 km of the airport
* up to a height of 3000m above ground level

Aircraft noise data is downloaded daily from noise monitors strategically located about the communities close to the airport.

The information is then displayed on a detailed map (road or aerial) which enables the user to zoom down to their street level.

In Current Flights mode you can view current operations (delayed by 40 minutes for aviation security reasons) around the airport.

In Replay Mode you can access flight information and noise data for the previous two weeks.
Cheers
BG

AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Hey BG this VFT you found is great except that the 40 minute delay is a disappointment. Watching the aircraft movements is about all you can do, which isn't too bad, but tracking and monitoring the flights with a scanner is pointless due to the time lag.

Probably some of you already know this site which is BNE and is live. It flops out occasionally, but I have tracked and heard flights on my scanner at the same time as seeing them on the radar.

http://www.egph.co.uk/sbs.htm

Cheers
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

AIRMAN wrote:Hey BG this VFT you found is great except that the 40 minute delay is a disappointment. Watching the aircraft movements is about all you can do, which isn't too bad, but tracking and monitoring the flights with a scanner is pointless due to the time lag.

Probably some of you already know this site which is BNE and is live. It flops out occasionally, but I have tracked and heard flights on my scanner at the same time as seeing them on the radar.

http://www.egph.co.uk/sbs.htm

Cheers
How did it get around aviation security???
Mitch Rogers
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

This is via ADSB - hence why it is "live" or the most uptodate tracker around SE QLD

As for security - whats the big deal with aviation security .... lets face it - its a joke at the best of times ... so why not have a live tracker online ... ?
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

I really don't understand why the delay is there though.

Sure you can identify what planes are taking off/landing when but if you have someone in the terminal watching the departures and arrivals on the moniter, and someone outside with a scanner, voila, same thing.
Mitch Rogers
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Exactly - the excuss for aviation security is a joke

Aviation Security is a joke - FULL STOP !!!

Anyway - rent over ....

Yes there are quite a few online trackers available - the SBS one is the most up to date - however since it is run from a private place - the reliability issues are there - however most times it is fine.

The airservices one (noise tracker) is delayed by the service itself - but covers a lesser area - as it is primarilary for noise monitoring (no one forced those people to buy that cheap house right under the flight path or near the airport)

Yes it is a great feature to look back on old flights (especially when wx is in the vacinity of the airport- see the varied routes the aircraft take as the cells move around)
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

See my post dated 09 Jan 10 in the AVIATION section.

The link I put there takes care of BNE and OOL....LIVE
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

yeah been using this for a while.

Id love to get somthing that is live for Sydney!

I was looking at those airboxes but 900 bucks is a joke!
Uniden UBCD996XT, UBCD396T,Pro 96, UBC120XLT, Icom IC-208H, GME TX4220, Icom IC-F410, Discone
lowgoz

Post by lowgoz »

iiCaptain

Post by iiCaptain »