GME TX655 Voice Inversion Freq?

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
erikn

GME TX655 Voice Inversion Freq?

Post by erikn »

G'day guys

Just purchased a twin pack of these radios - can't figure out for the life of me what the scramble inversion frequency is - i'm thinkin its somewhere around 2000 to 2500hz but might be more or less, trying to find the frequency that will allow me to recover as much test audio as possible. Using IZ8BLY's voice inversion decoder program has narrowed the range down to somewhere within 1500-2500hz - sounds definitely closer to 2000hz but just can't pin the exact freq down.
Turned off all mic input processing as well - if anyone wants I can record and post a voice sample for analysis.

Cheers
erikn

EDIT:6350Hz is pretty much, more or less, on the money. I'm going to guess that the voice inversion either goes higher than most commercial modules available or the inversion freq has been doubled up (2x3175=6350).
EDIT #2: Seems I was wrong. Tried another inversion program and what I did manage to find out is that it appears that the freq is 3333Hz. Divide this by 2 and get 1666.5, set program to 1666Hz and get 100% decode.
This user has retired from the forum.