Amateur Radio Possession without License - What can Happen

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Amateur Radio Possession without License - What can Happ

Post by rochedalescan »

Well I learned something, I thought you could have the radio but not be transmitting on it. Did they serve this in person ? they would of had to so they could sight the radio ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

Damn boy......you is super unlucky....i have never been caught running improper equipment, and i run amateur gear all the time. Damn..im currently running a 4Kw linear on SSB and FSSB aswell as 6m and 3cm TV and have never had an issue with the Red Indians.....you must be doing something wrong.....
melbourneradio

Amateur Radio Possession without License - What can Happen

Post by melbourneradio »

Azoic wrote:Damn boy......you is super unlucky....i have never been caught running improper equipment, and i run amateur gear all the time. Damn..im currently running a 4Kw linear on SSB and FSSB aswell as 6m and 3cm TV and have never had an issue with the Red Indians.....you must be doing something wrong.....

Yeah and if I was you .. If you don't want to end up with the long arm of the law square up your bum ...I would keep your exploits to your self .. Some of us work hard for our licences and gear and do our best to up hold our end of the bargain ... You want to root around and wreck it for your self you k nock your self out .. Just keep it off a public forum
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au
sales@secomms.com.au
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

WarrenSRM9000 wrote:
melbourneradio wrote:
Azoic wrote:Damn boy......you is super unlucky....i have never been caught running improper equipment, and i run amateur gear all the time. Damn..im currently running a 4Kw linear on SSB and FSSB aswell as 6m and 3cm TV and have never had an issue with the Red Indians.....you must be doing something wrong.....

Yeah and if I was you .. If you don't want to end up with the long arm of the law square up your bum ...I would keep your exploits to your self .. Some of us work hard for our licences and gear and do our best to up hold our end of the bargain ... You want to root around and wreck it for your self you k nock your self out .. Just keep it off a public forum
Yes exactly what got me in a dilemma. i placed stuff on my website and some clown told ACMA and then I got a phone call, followed by warning letters !!

So, yeh, keep it to your selves, the less people know about doing things the WRONG way, the better for ALL.
Take it from direct experience............ :roll: :roll:
I don't think keeping quiet about it is the right way to go. If you want to play with Amateur radio equipment then do the exams and go about it the right way.
Steve
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

I wasn't referring to yourself Warren.
Steve
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

You can have a commercial radio, with CB channels on it, just not communicate on CB channels.
Can transmit on commercial channels given the appropriate permission.
So conversely if i understand this right, the ACMA has indicated only type approved radios on CB UHF frequencies
So if you are a government department with say a Motorola XTS5000 trunking radio or commercial two way radio, UHFCB receive only is permitted but not transmit
That would probably explain why there has been a lot of UHF frequencies licensed in recent years to various agencies
in NSW.
I can remember seeing a lot of UHFCB channels (with subtones) in one particular group I am thinking of
They must have cracked down on it around or just after the Olympics

Blacktown
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

CB channels could be programmed into a commercial radio, as receive only, not transmit. Some agencies have been authorised to have CB frequencies on transmit programmed in provided the power is throttled back to 5 watts. I have been saying that the ACMA read this site and I wonder why people skite about their illegal activities. Even if they are flights of fantasy, you shouldn't be drawing any attention to yourself if you are doing anything so much as even slightly awful unlawful. It appears that the authorities are only too happy to act on information from this forum and others, especially if you offer illegal stuff for sale.
gordo92

Post by gordo92 »

yeah anything for them to make a quick buck
VK4FABB

Uniden UBCD93XLT, FDC FD880, Yaesu VX-7R, Baofeng UV-5RE Plus, Motorola GP328 UHF, Yaesu FT-857d,Codan 8525a,Yaesu FT757GX, Vertex Standard System 600 (Yaesu FT-600), Vertex Standard VX-2500, Piece Simpson Super Cheetah MK III, GME TX3600 Tytera MD-380 ....ETC
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

This thread and my post in it may be a bit old, but i'm still running gear that might be frowned upon, and haven't been queried about any of my activities in nearly 37 years of radio use....it might be luck, but i doubt it. If you want to stay under the radar of the inspectors, just don't poke the bear.....i don't flame, abuse or swear on air, i obey proticol, i use the appropriate calling language and i rarely if ever use excessive power or commercial channels. It works for me, but i don't condone it for all, i mostly use my equipment for the betterment of humankind....i have lost track of how many breakdowns and broken 4x4's i have called help for over the years....let alone notified the RFS and other emergency services to emergencies.
miketrike

Post by miketrike »

Azoic wrote:..i have lost track of how many breakdowns and broken 4x4's i have called help for over the years....let alone notified the RFS and other emergency services to emergencies.
This statement really puzzles me.

What do you do that puts you in a position to see so many breakdowns requiring external assistance, so many out of control fires, and what type of "other" emergencies are you making all these call for?
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

miketrike wrote:
Azoic wrote:..i have lost track of how many breakdowns and broken 4x4's i have called help for over the years....let alone notified the RFS and other emergency services to emergencies.

What do you do that puts you in a position to see so many breakdowns requiring external assistance, so many out of control fires, and what type of "other" emergencies are you making all these call for?
I'm an Emergency Radio Monitor, i listen to the emergency channels and if anyone calls, i can call for assistance for them if needed. It used be CREST that did this kind of thing, then a group of us radio user's in Sydney tried to get ACRM up and going, but it basically failed......due to lack of interest. It is essentially, i monitor all band emergency channels, and if there is someone out there that needs help...be it from the NRMA to Fire brigade...i call them for them....it's a service most people don't need now, as the mobile phone is out there, but when i started, a mobile phone was a TELEPHONE in a box you just bought and were taking home to plug into the socket in your house.
miketrike

Post by miketrike »

Azoic wrote:
miketrike wrote:

I'm an Emergency Radio Monitor, i listen to the emergency channels and if anyone calls, i can call for assistance for them if needed. It used be CREST that did this kind of thing, then a group of us radio user's in Sydney tried to get ACRM up and going, but it basically failed......due to lack of interest. It is essentially, i monitor all band emergency channels, and if there is someone out there that needs help...be it from the NRMA to Fire brigade...i call them for them....it's a service most people don't need now, as the mobile phone is out there, but when i started, a mobile phone was a TELEPHONE in a box you just bought and were taking home to plug into the socket in your house.

Ah well done mate. That explains it cos no ordinary person would see all that.
Have you thought about joing up with WICEN? They do a lot of the comms when needed in emergencies etc.