FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON A UBC93XLT

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
brighty

FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON A UBC93XLT

Post by brighty »

Hi guys,

Finally purchased a Uniden UBC93XLT. I have read through all the manual and instructions however I am still having a bit of trouble setting it up :oops: I scanned the local POL (police I'm assuming) and only picked up 1 channel being the local Gold Coast Feed. However I am wanting to listen to the Queensland Ambulance Service as well as QFRS. However, I have tried and tried typing the codes into my scanner then pressing hold but kept getting an ERROR code appearing.

Also, many of the frequencies for different stations are 7 numerals. For example- 413.0875, however my scanner only allows me to enter 6 of those digits. (413.087) If anyone could give me a walk through on how to get this bad boy running it would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Brighty
alinco21

Re: FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON A UBC93XLT

Post by alinco21 »

Have you tried looking at U tube. there is one there for the 92xlt, might give youy some help.

or perhaps a data cable.
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

pretty sure they dont use a data cable
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Scannersplitterguy

Post by Scannersplitterguy »

From the user manual:

Storing Known Frequencies Into Channels.

1. Press Hold. Then enter the channel number where you want to store a frequency, then press Func and Pgm.
The channel number appears.

2. Use the number keys to enter the frequency (including the decimal point) you want to store.

3. Press E to store the frequency into the channel.

• If you entered an invalid frequency in Step 2, Error appears and the scanner beeps three times.
Try again and enter a valid frequency.

• The scanner automatically rounds the entered number to the nearest valid frequency.
For example, if you enter 151.473 (MHz), your scanner accepts it as 151.475.

==================================================================================================
My interpretation:

Let's say you want to store a frequency of 468.450 in memory location no.5
Press Hold
Press 5
Press Func
Press Pgm (this is also the E button)
The display will show 5 000.000
Press 468.450 (only enter the first 6 numbers of a 7-digit frequency, the scanner will round it up automatically)
Press E

You have now stored that frequency into ch.5
Do the same for other frequencies. It's usually best to store them in numerical order, starting at ch.1.

Hope that makes sense!

Dave
http://www.scannerantennasplitter.com
http://www.acdcmanuals.com
AOR AR8200MK3, Icom IC-R75, UBC370CRS, UH7750NB, SR162 VHF AIS, SDR USB Dongle, Anytone AT-6666, Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah 27 MHz AM/SSB, QJE QJ-PS30II 30A PSU, Diamond DJ-130 Discone, Shockwave 5/8 27MHz, DIY HF longwire
Comint

Post by Comint »

brighty wrote:. . . I scanned the local POL (police I'm assuming) and only picked up 1 channel being the local Gold Coast Feed. However I am wanting to listen to the Queensland Ambulance Service as well as QFRS.
POL (Police) is one of the six pre-programmed Service Bands, and if you are seeing that, it means you are in Service Search mode. The other five Service Bands are MRN (Marine), AIR (Air Band), Acb (AM CB), ucb (UHF CB), and rlr (Railways). If you want to listen to QAS and QFRS, you will have to enter the frequencies yourself.

Also, many of the frequencies for different stations are 7 numerals. For example- 413.0875, however my scanner only allows me to enter 6 of those digits. (413.087)
The difference between 413.0870 MHz and 413.0875 MHz is only 500 hertz, and when you consider the Bandwidth of each channel is at least 12,500 hertz, it doesn't make much difference to the received signal, unless you are a great distance from the transmitter. Anyway, most manufacturers claim that while the display only shows six digits, all seven are programmed in.

--
Comint
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

I have the 93XLT and in response to the OP it shows (25, 50, 75) right at the end in smaller text. So for the example given before "413.0875" it would display on the screen as "413.08750"

I would also like to know if anyone knows what frequency ranges QFRS use for both FireCom and FireGround. I would like to use a custom chain search in areas that I don't know the QFRS frequencies like how the Service Search function works

I think fireground is 77 - 80 and FireCom from what I have seen use 400 ranges as well as 800
Sold my Uniden 93XLT and now using Uniden 396XT
Comint

Post by Comint »

bagman002 wrote:I think fireground is 77 - 80 and FireCom from what I have seen use 400 ranges as well as 800
Rural Fire Service uses mid-band VHF (70-87.5 MHz) for Fire Ground viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1150

QFRS uses UHF for Fire Ground viewtopic.php?f=89&t=4924

800 MHz are generally just Link frequencies.

--
Comint