Brisbane VHQ07 License up for sale

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
rochedalescan
Founder

Brisbane VHQ07 License up for sale

Post by rochedalescan »

Seems as if everythings got too much for the owner of the VHQ07 Brisbane repeater the license and gear is all up for sale, plus some licenses for Ch4 for Goldcoast and Sunshine Coast. *Extract from website* www.vhq07.com
The VHQ07 UHF CB REPEATER IS FOR SALE

Included is the License and the Motorola MXD1500 repeater

$7000

SOU04 UHF CB Repeater License for Gold Coast $1100

VHT04 UHF CB Repeater License for the Sunshine Coast $1100

MX800 UHF Repeater $1000

MX920 UHF Repeater $1000

Polar UHF CB Diplexer $1200

email vhq07@vhq07.com
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
alinco21

Re: Brisbane VHQ07 License up for sale

Post by alinco21 »

There sitting on Ebay for $2,000 each includes some gear as well.
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

It's been taken down now but some of the guys are raising money to get it back on air...
"YOUNGN"
bir0

Post by bir0 »

Looks like there isn't any threads on their forum either. I had never looked before so I don't know whether it has been gutted out or wasn't active in the first place, or maybe the threads are hidden unless you log in.

I guess it makes sense because of the wattage required for a good repeater and the potential for interference to other services, but I was surprised when you mentioned the license being for sale. I wouldn't have thought that a CB repeater would have a 'license' that you could sell as such. More that you pay the license fee. Then the next person using that callsign would also have to pay a registration fee and transfer ownership. I would have guessed (of course I am fine with being totally wrong) that you could set up a CB repeater but might need a site license/repeater license from ACMA but that they wouldn't be limited issue as such (making it a commodity that you would 'sell').... you learn something new every day. I know that amateur radio repeaters are 'licensed' with the ACMA and then listed with the WIA to manage the distribution of them around the country.

Wouldn't have thought that if you wanted to set up a CB repeater you would have much trouble 'licensing' it? (I know I know...I should google it/look it up on ACMA ;-) )

From what I have heard those channels are like the wild west. I'm for freedom of speech and not really for censorship, but it is a shame when public forms of communication that have so much potential for fun, sharing and community get hijacked by a distasteful minority hiding behind anonymity.

I know we have discussed it here before, but the amateur repeaters that are licensed are nice to chat on with mostly like minded people, but it is a shame that young people can't really have a chat and experiment with CB and radio on unlicensed bands. I like amateur radio...but for younger people the amateur repeaters can be a bit dry and boring, but a free unlicensed band would be more fun...but unfortunately due to human nature it is hard to get the community to self moderate and come to a shared 'standard' of behaviour and values. That's life isn't it!

Well it looks like my $0.02 just turned into $2 worth of unsolicited comment ;-)
Comint

Post by Comint »

One of the reasons for licensing CB repeaters is so they can be 'managed'. For example, so that you don't end up with two on the same frequency in the same area, or on inappropriate frequencies (legal frequencies that may have intermodulation products that interfere with other services). Licensing of Repeaters isn't just a simple matter of walking into an ACMA office, and handing over the cash.

As for selling the licence. I also don't believe it would be a saleable item, but I could be wrong.

--
Comint
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

yes the licence is able to change hands however the equipment is the sale part.

as for the repeater the owner of VHQ07 has turned the repeater off for the foreseeable future i am not sure if the current owner will turn it back on, only time will tell
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Comint

Post by Comint »

brisbanescan wrote:yes the licence is able to change hands however the equipment is the sale part.
Have a look at the first post in this thread:-

SOU04 UHF CB Repeater License for Gold Coast $1100

VHT04 UHF CB Repeater License for the Sunshine Coast $1100

--
Comint
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

that is a interesting point that i should have taken note of. the initial cost of a CBRS Repeater Licence is 1,580.00 with a renewal of 1,296.00 don't ask me why it costs so much to renew it when you can renew a Land Mobile Repeater for alot less.
Phil
Forum Administrator

RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Money Making ?

Prob thinking that a "button pusher" will fall for it - and think he is getting a bargain .... :)
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Blondie yes the whole of South East Queensland is classed as High Density Areas i did see a map on the ACMA that showed the area of High Density but for the life of me i can't find it again
Phil
Forum Administrator

RTL-SDRs way to many
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Comint

Post by Comint »

brisbanescan wrote:i did see a map on the ACMA that showed the area of High Density but for the life of me i can't find it again
Map of Brisbane-Gold Coast area, but probably not the one you were looking for.

--
Comint
res

Post by res »

brisbanescan wrote:yes the licence is able to change hands however the equipment is the sale part.

as for the repeater the owner of VHQ07 has turned the repeater off for the foreseeable future i am not sure if the current owner will turn it back on, only time will tell
Why would they bother, nothing but abusive f'wits using it, but chnl 7's been that way for 20 years
Kevaclone

Post by Kevaclone »

res wrote:

Why would they bother, nothing but abusive f'wits using it, but chnl 7's been that way for 20 years

You have to pick the right time
after 5pm til about 7pm, then again 3am - 5am
2-5pm you get the idiots going home from work, same after 5am, same idiots heading to work
then you have the moronic mud and container carters, end loader and forklift operators all day
night time you get the bored stupid traffic controllers and the odd drunk/stoned person

pick the right time and you can use it and have an enjoyable time, I spent 2 months in Melbourne end of last year, no repeaters and channel 40 makes Brisbane's Ch 7 repeater look like choir practice
Snacky 35
Newly Registered Users

Post by Snacky 35 »

HERE WE ARE AGAIN WITH CHANNEL SEVEN UP FOR SALE AGAIN WITH WEBSITE AND MATCHING NUMBER PLATES
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Welcome Snacky 35 - interesting 1st post....

Maybe look at the time the last post was made - you are dragging up a topic from nearly 2yrs ago.

Welcome to the forum !!!
res

Post by res »

I think Snacky35 did the right thing reviving it, as he said it IS up for sale again right now.
Scannersplitterguy

Post by Scannersplitterguy »

I have no idea why anyone would want to own this repeater :-(
On Friday night, the owner (Rick) was going off his tits after someone threw a brick through his window.
It seems that the only words most people understand on that channel start with C, F, D, A.
http://www.scannerantennasplitter.com
http://www.acdcmanuals.com
AOR AR8200MK3, Icom IC-R75, UBC370CRS, UH7750NB, SR162 VHF AIS, SDR USB Dongle, Anytone AT-6666, Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah 27 MHz AM/SSB, QJE QJ-PS30II 30A PSU, Diamond DJ-130 Discone, Shockwave 5/8 27MHz, DIY HF longwire
res

Post by res »

Scannersplitterguy wrote:I have no idea why anyone would want to own this repeater :-(
On Friday night, the owner (Rick) was going off his tits after someone threw a brick through his window.
It seems that the only words most people understand on that channel start with C, F, D, A.
c7 was like that 25 years ago back when Bernie from Olbis owned it, I dunno why, but the 'ol c1 that used to be at mt cotton, and had better range than 7 back then, never attracted many idiots.

I guess today cheap radios = cheap frills for small minded idiots.

i was listening for a hour or so Sat night on way home, every time Rick spoke someone jammed him, Rick should be a bit cleverer :) setup separate out of band, well, in band *cough* ctss guarded second receiver freq that over rides 7's normal input. I assume the magic red button is out of band anyway? or maybe not... but yeah, the wankers wonder WHY the repeaters spend more time off than on... and the acma wont do shit, they haven't cared since we stopped paying them to care many years ago when lic fees were dumped, hope the cops get the bastards who bricked his place tho, thats just not on, b ut the worlds full of people take things too personal and having a few dozen screws loose, leads to dumbass IRL actions. If he lives were I think he does, too many hoons around to give a toss at every screeching tyre as well.
Snacky 35
Newly Registered Users

Post by Snacky 35 »

RADIO is just not radio any more ya right cheap imports and ebay gives people the toys to terrorise peoples hobbys what once used to be a fun past time has now tuened into a war zone and breeding ground for parrasites ! ! !
There not hoons there just loud mouth parrasites who just run scared love the game just hate the PLAYERS ! !