Attn ALL AMATEUR LICENCE HOLDERS

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
Acrem222

Post by Acrem222 »

i just called up the ACMA and spoke to woman in the licences Department....

i poped the question about can you photocopy your Amateur radio operators certificate and use it in your resume the answer is yes aslong as you get the photocopy signed by a jp.

so i am going ahead and putting that in my resume , so i might get a better chance of getting hired by an employer
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Attn ALL AMATEUR LICENCE HOLDERS

Post by Phantom »

I dont know of any employer who would require a ham licence

PS: prob good idea to have a spare copy with you when mobile with the radio - incase you need to show it.
Last edited by Phantom on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

Mate put it in there, it won't hurt and you never know who might be looking at it, possibly a ham license holder. Also depends what jobs you are applying for.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Listen Bonnie

He is not applying for a job with you - so no one cares how you would handle the interview

It seems that you have a problem with this forum - and some people on it ...

If you dont have anything nice to say - dont way it at all ....

No one made you sign up on this forum - so if you have a problem with it - delete your membership and dont come back

There is no need to go around insulting some members - lets face it - looks like your posts will keep being deleted - and looks like i am not the only one around here thinking this way ....
Acrem222

Post by Acrem222 »

hotmetal1000 wrote:Mate put it in there, it won't hurt and you never know who might be looking at it, possibly a ham license holder. Also depends what jobs you are applying for.

i have got my eye on a police radio communactions job ..... i got all the current paperwork and hold a amateur radio licence and all i need is a typing certificate
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Wouldnt think that a ham licence is a pre-req - however if the people that are conducting the interview know what it is all about - then it cant harm in your chances ....

Good luck with the interview :D
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

i think not, i know alot of the emergency services like having people who have some radio communication experience as it makes teaching them alot easier, good luck with it chris
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Acrem222 wrote:i just called up the ACMA and spoke to woman in the licences Department....

i poped the question about can you photocopy your Amateur radio operators certificate and use it in your resume the answer is yes aslong as you get the photocopy signed by a jp.

so i am going ahead and putting that in my resume , so i might get a better chance of getting hired by an employer
I would have thought that it had nothing to do with ACMA, what you put in your resume is your business.
Its like any thing, to validate a copy a JP has to witness the original and sign the copy.

Still trying to figure out why you would even contact ACMA to see if its okay ?
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

I put on my resume I have mrocp licence but i wouldn't go the extent of photocopy
railscan

Post by railscan »

As a former police radio operator of 14 years experience I can say they prefer those without radio knowledge. That way they can train you to suit their needs. Those with radio knowledge tend to be set in their ways and it can make training that little bit harder.

As a radio operator you need no knowledge of radio. You need to be able to speak clearly, multi-task, type quickly, work under pressure, maintain control and have a good memory. An amateur licence or a licence of any kind doesn't even rate consideration. However its your resume so you can use whatever it takes...

R
Brrariror
Newly Registered Users

Post by Brrariror »

incase you need to show it.
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed due spam