albury wodonga

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
dags19

albury wodonga

Post by dags19 »

heading down to albury wodonga in a couple of months,going to take the young fellow to falls creek,has anybody got the frequencies for the grn area for albury,and also the wodonga fireies etc,thanks or something worth listening to down that way,probably not much i know but.
Dags
Blake

Re: albury wodonga

Post by Blake »

Congrats, should be a great trip.
Falls is an amazing area, i've had many a trip there, hiking and camping all around the Pretty Valley area.

Well, I can't help with NSW (Albury), but I can with Wodonga. :D

For Fire, Wodonga is CFA District 24, so RMR TGID 524 for Dispatch, find the tower frequencies on VicRadioZone, VESARS (my website, in my sig line), or the ACMA Radiofrequency Database.

For Police, we're kind of in the middle of a changeover and subsequent encryption at the moment.
There is a seperate rural VHF network for the cops.
Most of Wodonga, down through Bright, Falls etc. should all be on the P Channels if memory serves.
Again, VESARS for VicRadioZone.
Some of Falls might be crossing into the Q Channels??? IDK?

Ambos use the SMR, which is a PITA IMHO.
You can't trunktrack it per se.
Well, with a computer you can, but not really portably, 'on the go'.
If you're staying in one area, try programming in the SMR site output frequencies for that area.

SES, again mostly SMR for dispatch,
however they have a seperate UHF network.

You can always listen to UHF CB :lol:

Cheers mate,
and have a good holiday.

EDIT: just remembered, there are snow frequencies.
Try these:

Common (All Victorian Ski Fields)

Falls Lifts

Falls Resort

Even retail radios in largeish towns.
I.E. Target, ALDI etc.
Some often have those little Motorola Clip radios.
They have to be licensed, so jump onto ACMA.

Hope this helps bloke. :D
dags19

Post by dags19 »

Thanks very much for the info i will have a look at that site you metioned
dags
madmarto

Post by madmarto »

Additional to what Blake said...

Wodonga
- Police in the NorthEast use P channels, I believe it's not until Omeo that they switch to Q channels. This is analogue unencrypted.
- CFA on RMR as stated. District 24 covers the North East and uses TGiD 30524
- AV 165.3125 (SMR freq untrunked)
- SES are primarily on 164.3625 but sometimes heard on 164.1375. They don't use the UHF network around here anymore.
- SMR used around Wodonga is 164.575, 164.3625, 164.1375, 163.925, and to the east (Granya Site) 164.525, 164.3125, 164.0875, 163.8625
- St. John Ambulance - 3SJ Melbourne (Comms) 404.050, St John Ch.2 (Wodonga) 470.400. It appears to be trunked so you'll need to switch between the freqs to hear both sides.

Albury
- Police - Encrypted, don't bother :)
- ASNSW - Southern Ops can be heard on 404.000 and 467.725 around Albury/Wodonga. Site is One Tree Hill north of Albury
*EDITED - SES - now digital - 421.8125
*EDITED - FRNSW - D814 PMR 14 - 421.650
*EDITED - RFS - PMR Digital - s124 422.0625 in Albury

I have a heap of other commercial and ESO frequencies for around the district but to many to type out tonight. Happy to send you a file if you PM me. I also have a list of 70+ frequencies for Falls Creek, but have only verified a handfull of them. I use ProScan, but can export as CSV or Sentinel HPE if that helps.

marto
Last edited by madmarto on Wed May 03, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
Blake

Post by Blake »

I bow to your superior local knowledge madmarto. :D

Just out of interest, how do you know which SMR channels are trunked and untrunked, and who sorta used which.
Apart from listening to all of them that is. :roll:

Like for instance AV on 165.3125, is that just for Wodonga, or just certain areas, or statewide?
Same thing for those SES ones.

I'm still kinda sketchy on SMR stuff.

Cheers mate,
and sorry Dags for the brief hijack :oops:
madmarto

Post by madmarto »

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the compliment, if I didn't have a decent frequency list after being a local in the game for 25+ years I would be disappointed lol

The SMR frequencies change with the towers. as you mentioned the SMR is a trunked network but unfortunately no scanner can trunk it (Damn you Motorola!) so we have to listen to it conventionally.

Of the 300-odd frequencies assigned to the SMR, only about 100 seem to be used by the SMR and are divided into 17 groups, so I have 15 voice frequencies in my scanner for the SMR (Group 11 - Wodonga, Group 15 - Infill, Grp 16 - Emergency & Grp 17 Aircraft), but have only heard anything on a handful of those frequencies in Wodonga.

With the patching of networks, I get a fair bit of stuff from the rest of the state. AV here is patched with the Northern half of the state and SES is only a NE patch. Both seem to be on a fixed frequency per tower so you can hear both sides. Other users (DELWP, HVP, businesses, etc) actually seem to be trunked and you have to chase frequencies for the other side of the conversation. It's a really wierd network for scanner guys like us. I'm looking forward to AV, SES, DELWP moving to the RMR network later this year (forecast) so I can actually trunk them properly!

On a side note, I discovered tonight that FRNSW are using PMR Digital D814 (421.650) in Albury now. Given this enlightenment I will have to start scanning the digital frequencies for RFS & NEWSES to see if they have moved over as well.

Hope this helps you both :)

marto
Uniden UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head in the car; Uniden UBC73XLT (PDW), UBC396XT and UBCD436-PT at home.
Air493

Post by Air493 »

Been living in Wodonga for six months and just found this conversation!
Thanks Marto, very helpful.
cyberthug
Newly Registered Users

Post by cyberthug »

Hi All
So Police are now Encrypted, has anyone been able to get past this?
im in wagga wagga and would love to listen again.
railscan

Post by railscan »

cyberthug wrote:Hi All So Police are now Encrypted, has anyone been able to get past this? im in wagga wagga and would love to listen again.
Yeah, join the police force. Hint, no you can't get past this...

R
melbournefan

Post by melbournefan »

cyberthug wrote:Hi All
So Police are now Encrypted, has anyone been able to get past this?
im in wagga wagga and would love to listen again.
Fooling around with Linux may get something but I kinda doubt it ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk