National Interop Frequencies?

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
nickw234

National Interop Frequencies?

Post by nickw234 »

Hi,

I am just reading some radio documentation and it mentions National Interop Frequencies. Does anyone know what thease are. They are P25?
mn1983

Re: National Interop Frequencies?

Post by mn1983 »

Probably a mixture of analog and p25 and CB channels.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Probably best to expand on your question a bit.

Simply saying 'National Interop' is very vague. Are we talking about a private company that has national interests, Rail, Defence, Law, SACPAV?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
nickw234

Post by nickw234 »

Pumper_50 wrote:Probably best to expand on your question a bit.

Simply saying 'National Interop' is very vague. Are we talking about a private company that has national interests, Rail, Defence, Law, SACPAV?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
My Apologies,

Retaed to State Government Services EG fire Ambo Police SES etc
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

nickw234 wrote:Retaed to State Government Services EG fire Ambo Police SES etc
There is not really such a thing in Australia at the moment, and with each State being so large it's not really needed. In the past some provisions were in place, but they were rarely (if ever) used and have been replaced by better alternatives. There are still simplex channels around, but they are by no means programmed into most services radios. There is a push to allow interoperability between emergency trunked networks, but it's not in place yet. Border towns may have local provisions in place, but the way emergency management protocol and systems are setup in Australia there is not a specific need to have national interoperability on a radio.
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

would mean where each service can talk to each other eg QPS, QFES and QAS on one radio channel as the need arises. Not National but most certain state.
nickw234

Post by nickw234 »

peteramjet wrote:
nickw234 wrote:Retaed to State Government Services EG fire Ambo Police SES etc
There is not really such a thing in Australia at the moment, and with each State being so large it's not really needed. In the past some provisions were in place, but they were rarely (if ever) used and have been replaced by better alternatives. There are still simplex channels around, but they are by no means programmed into most services radios. There is a push to allow interoperability between emergency trunked networks, but it's not in place yet. Border towns may have local provisions in place, but the way emergency management protocol and systems are setup in Australia there is not a specific need to have national interoperability on a radio.
I was reading some documentation for the new SAGRN and it says all the radios will have programed in National Interop to allow everyone to talk together in the event of a major emergency etc.
mn1983

Post by mn1983 »

Anyone with a current agency codeplug with interop freqs can confirm with the ones i have seen. (eg. LD NRD-01 412.48750 NAC293)
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

National Interop is a system involving using the Internet to connect to various agencies' radio systems to avoid the cost of setting up a separate , nation wide radio system. Sort of like IRLP.
tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Down here we have a 76MHz frequency for this purpose.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Following Cyclone Tracey, because there were so many different radio frequencies used by emergency aide that had been sent to Darwin, it was decided to have a nation wide police allocation. Due to changes in technology, this is no longer so. National Interop seeks to replace a reliance on nation wide allocations by linking the different communications systems of various agencies in all the states and territories via Internet. This allows each agency to use the radio system of its choice without duplication or having to follow suite with others. The idea is for a national system.