Scanner Frequency Groups

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
tanger32au

Scanner Frequency Groups

Post by tanger32au » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 am

HI all,
I am in the process of creating an Access database to store my frequency information, below are the groups I can assign each frequency too. I am looking for feedback on any I am missing or a better way to do it.

Paul

000/Ambulance
000/Fire
000/SES
27MHz CB
Airband
Amateur
Buses
Business/General
Communications
Councils
Couriers
Forestry
Manufacturing
Marine
Media/Broadcast
Mining
Security/Grounds
Shared (Rental)
StateGovement
Taxis
Transport/Works
UHF CB

Comint

Re: Scanner Frequency Groups

Post by Comint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Paul

Missing:-

Federal Government
Military

--
Comint

GeneralZap

Post by GeneralZap » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Certainly a big task ahead for you. Primarily is this database going to be for your personal use? Although there is a database available online for all to see which I know you already know that. I must say lots of us use existing software to program our scanners like Proscan, Freescan, etc and that too is like our personal database where we store frequencies etc. Not to mention programming software..........

tanger32au

Post by tanger32au » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks for the replies, I have added those two in now.

Yes this is for my own personal use, all my scanners are "keyboard" programmed so I will keep the data in this. I have about 1800 frequencies to check / add details for.

Paul

AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Paul's idea is a good one. Yes it takes a while to build up a good data base. I have used a simple spreadsheet to keep record of all my frequency details and it is tailored to the memory layout in my scanner. I spent a half hour or so of my time whenever I get the chance to work on it as it always needs to be kept UTD. I generally only program whatever I find of interest if I can receive it where I am. I can't see the point of storing vast numbers of frequencies that I am seldom if ever going to receive.

Last time I travelled overseas and I found lots of things to hear by using the band search.

Cheers