Using frequency info off the ACMA website

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
Doogs38

Using frequency info off the ACMA website

Post by Doogs38 »

Hi. I've been digging around the ACMA website and have a 'noob' style question. A lot of sites listed by the ACMA website have frequency pairs - I assume that one is Tx and the other Rx. My question is; must I have both frequencies in my scanner to hear an entire conversation, or is the Tx suffice? Or is this more complicated than I believe it to be? Alex
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: Using frequency info off the ACMA website

Post by Stretch »

If they say Transmit/Receive it means its simplex. You want to put the transmit frequency into the scanner as thats the repeater transmitting. The Receive frequency is the operator transmitting thus the repeater 'receiving'.

That makes sense?
Mitch Rogers
Doogs38

Post by Doogs38 »

Thanks for the help guys. Your explanation is fine Stretch. I tried listening to the Tx/Rx split today on some local freqs used by the Yamanto Police HQ. As suggested by Blondie, I had to switch between both freqs to hear the entire conversation (although I could hear everything on the normal police channel freq). The 396T has a function that makes listening to the Tx/Rx freqs easy. Alex.
Last edited by Doogs38 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
bananaman

Post by bananaman »

ipswich cup is on so the channels are split the channel they are using is 88