Who here uses ACMA licensed frequencies?

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
radioaustralia

Who here uses ACMA licensed frequencies?

Post by radioaustralia »

Out of pure interest, does anyone here have a registered ACMA frequency in their (or their works) name? If so what is the frequency and what operations is it used for? Business/Personal/Amateur Repeater use ect...

Do you find it beneficial compared to citizens band radio class licensed frequencies and have you ever had "pirates" illegally (for a better word) hop on and annoy you?
bananaman

Re: Who here uses ACMA licensed frequencies?

Post by bananaman »

hi i use one for work the frequency is 469.5250 under the name of montague Fresh at the Brisbane fruit Markets.
I use this daily and have no problems with anyone that shouldnt be using the frequency except may be the boss.
We use the radios for finding where orders have to go if us stupid forklift drivers forget where they have to go and if orders have been rejected due to over ordering or bad fruit.
There doesnt seem to be any diferance to in sound quality other than a loud hum in 2 of the radios when tx ing or though Im thinking it has something to those 2 radios any help there would be great as it is realy anoying.
Any other questions ask away.
radioaustralia

Post by radioaustralia »

bananaman wrote:Any other questions ask away.
What sort of forks are you blokes using? :)

Out of all seriousness, they had about 15 forks (at my old work) and each one had a 400pro on board. It was an ambulatory frequency around 485.200 (don't quote me on that) until they sold all of the radio's and didn't renew the license, all staff ended up with Digitalk "walkie talkies" operating on Channel 9 CTCSS 110.9.
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Just SJAA, and we have freq's for obvious reasons (I hope they're obvious enough) :P
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
Kevaclone

Post by Kevaclone »

bananaman wrote:hi i use one for work the frequency is 469.5250 under the name of montague Fresh at the Brisbane fruit Markets.
I use this daily and have no problems with anyone that shouldnt be using the frequency except may be the boss.
We use the radios for finding where orders have to go if us stupid forklift drivers forget where they have to go and if orders have been rejected due to over ordering or bad fruit.
There doesnt seem to be any diferance to in sound quality other than a loud hum in 2 of the radios when tx ing or though Im thinking it has something to those 2 radios any help there would be great as it is realy anoying.
Any other questions ask away.

And stop fighting with Flanno on Channel 7 UHF