ACMA Search Details

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
youngn
Forum Manager

ACMA Search Details

Post by youngn »

CONFUSION!!! :roll:

My Confusion! =

With the Land Mobile Systems; for example we will use DREAMWORLD, Dreamworld has 2 repeaters, 1 paging system, and 4 other Land Mobile Systems, under the same callsign as the second repeater, but with one freqency listed as Transmit AND Receive.

Ive been led to believe that AMBULATORY means simplex, so what do these Land Mobile Systems mean? with just the one frequency for Transmit AND Receive?

The only thing remotely similar I could find on the A.C.M.A. website, were things called Supplementary Base Stations, which are "used to improve the reliability of the service within the service area of the base station" Im not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Hopefully there is a simple answer to this one :?

Thanks

---
youngn
"YOUNGN"
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: ACMA Search Details

Post by rochedalescan »

youngn wrote:CONFUSION!!! :roll:

My Confusion! =

With the Land Mobile Systems; for example we will use DREAMWORLD, Dreamworld has 2 repeaters, 1 paging system, and 4 other Land Mobile Systems, under the same callsign as the second repeater, but with one freqency listed as Transmit AND Receive.

Ive been led to believe that AMBULATORY means simplex, so what do these Land Mobile Systems mean? with just the one frequency for Transmit AND Receive?

The only thing remotely similar I could find on the A.C.M.A. website, were things called Supplementary Base Stations, which are "used to improve the reliability of the service within the service area of the base station" Im not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks

---
youngn
Comint should know, hes pretty good at this type of stuff.
Thanks for finding all these frequencies again.

Cheers Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

Haha No Problem....

Just learning how to navigate through the ACMA search stuff.

MORE TO COME.. if I can figure out some more topics and learn a bit more about the types of licences and freqs. like above...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

---
Youngn
"YOUNGN"
Comint

Post by Comint »

youngn wrote:CONFUSION!!! :roll:

My Confusion! =

Thanks

---
youngn
Ambulatory basically means 'without Base Stations'. In others words, there are only mobiles, be they vehicles or hand-helds.

~~~~~~

Having the same frequency for both Transmit and Receive just means it is Simplex.

--
Comint
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

Ahh true true..

Thankyou Comint :)

---
Youngn
"YOUNGN"
fIlThY

Post by fIlThY »

Could they also include simplex repeaters?
RX ...................TX
Site A................Site B
Realistic 2021
Uniden UBC93XLT

Deciding what to buy next - must be computer programmable - Any Suggestions?
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

fIlThY wrote:Could they also include simplex repeaters?
RX ...................TX

No such thing as simplex repeaters.

Simplex (no repeater) or;
Duplex (with a repeater)
Last edited by Stretch on Mon May 11, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Coding
Mitch Rogers
Comint

Post by Comint »

fIlThY wrote:Could they also include simplex repeaters?
RX ...................TX
If you have a Tx on one Site, and a Rx on a second Site, on the same frequency, it is usually a Link.
Stretch wrote: No such thing as simplex repeaters.
Not quite true. There are such things as Store and Forward repeaters, which operate on a single frequency. One station can send a short message to the Repeater, and it is recorded (Stored). When the PTT is released, the Repeater then transmits (Forwards) that message. Such systems are sometimes known as Parrot Repeaters, because they repeat what they hear.

There is/was a Parrot Repeater on at least one of the Amateur Satellites.

--
Comint
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Comint wrote:
Stretch wrote: No such thing as simplex repeaters.
Not quite true. There are such things as Store and Forward repeaters, which operate on a single frequency. One station can send a short message to the Repeater, and it is recorded (Stored). When the PTT is released, the Repeater then transmits (Forwards) that message. Such systems are sometimes known as Parrot Repeaters, because they repeat what they hear.

There is/was a Parrot Repeater on at least one of the Amateur Satellites.

--
Comint
My apoligies. Learn something every day :)
Mitch Rogers