Advertising to buy radio scanners

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
tanger32au

Advertising to buy radio scanners

Post by tanger32au »

Hi all.

I am thinking about posting a page on my blog, offering to buy radios scanners in my local area. Has anybody done something like this before and if so what level of success did you have? This is the text I am thinking of posting, any feedback on this or something I might have missed?

"I Buy Radio Scanners
I am always on the lookout for radio scanners to buy. If you have a radio scanner you wish to sell please read the below terms and then contact me.

1) I am only interested in radio scanners located in the greater Launceston area where we can do a face to face transaction.

2) The radio scanner must be in working order, I will test it before I agree to purchase it.

3) I will only purchase radio scanners which are in good physical condition, this does not mean they need to be “perfect” but with no physical damage or excessive wear. I will judge this based on the photos I am sent and when I look at the scanner prior to purchasing it, I reserve the right to not purchase a radio scanner which I feel is not in good physical condition.

4) If the radio scanner is a hand held and uses a battery pack it must hold a charge and come with the correct charger for it.

5) The radio scanner must have at least 50 channels.

6) The radio scanner must cover at least the following bands:
66-88MHz
137-174MHz
406-512MHz

7) Payment will be made in cash after I inspect and test the radio scanner.

8) I have limited finances so will only purchase radio scanners which I have a use for and can afford. Sending me the details of a radio scanner does not guarantee that I will purchase it.

If you agree to all of the above and have a radio scanner you wish to sell, please email me: with the details of it, including your price and a photo of the radio scanner if possible. I will try and respond to your email within 48 hours."