Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

A bit of nostalgia

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids

A bit of nostalgia

Postby VK3RX » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:41 am

I came across a copy of this magazine recently - Australian Scanner's World, published in 1984.

I can't load the document here because of a site limitation of max 2mb for .pdf's, so I've temporarily loaded it to another site. If someone is prepared to host it somewhere, go right ahead and post a link. I've omitted the frequency listing pages, both to keep the file size down and few of the entries are relevant today.

The scanner antenna article is useful for those who like to try rolling their own. The antenna covered on pages 11 and 12 I used for many years in a number of locations, and it was a great performer.

Roger Harrison VK2ZRH confirms he wrote most if not all the articles, and acknowledgement is given to the original publishers, the Federal Publishing Company.

http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~lcval1/ASW_ed01.pdf
VK3RX

Re: A bit of nostalgia

Postby Vkfour » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Ah, memories. Thanks for that.
Vkfour

Re: A bit of nostalgia

Postby kevnerd486 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Thanks for that I remember buying that back in the day.

Regards

Kev
kevnerd486

Return to Everything Else