spam messages

By providing us with your feedback and suggestions so that we can improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you
fire_rescue

spam messages

Post by fire_rescue »

thought u fellas upgraded security and all that and stil spam messages coming on
Phil
Administrator

Re: spam messages

Post by Phil »

yeh we did upgrade our security measures however people will keep finding the loop holes
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

ok thank you
gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse »

fire_rescue wrote:thought u fellas upgraded security and all that and stil spam messages coming on
I just logged in here for the first time in about ayear.

I stopped coming here because the amount of spam was so bad plus something else happened and I was added to some sort of mailing list whichalso added loads of emails :'(
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

We can have all the security measures in the world but there are some people who physically create accounts and then set up the spamming. We can't stop those people as they are just normal people signing up the normal way.It's only computer generated accounts that we can stop.
Mitch Rogers
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

@gasgrassorarse

I am sorry you felt this way and had to leave. We have taken just about as many precautions as possible and I feel at the moment we are pretty much on top of it, even when there was it was only there for a few hours untill someone deleted the post/account. I guess we all can't be on here 24 hours a day waiting and watching ...

Please feel free to PM me if there are any issues since you have come back on and I will endevour so sort them out for you.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse »

rochedalescan wrote:@gasgrassorarse

I am sorry you felt this way and had to leave. We have taken just about as many precautions as possible and I feel at the moment we are pretty much on top of it, even when there was it was only there for a few hours untill someone deleted the post/account. I guess we all can't be on here 24 hours a day waiting and watching ...

Please feel free to PM me if there are any issues since you have come back on and I will endevour so sort them out for you.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
Thanks Shane, I am on many other forums for everything from motorbikes, camping, cameras and loads more and yes, you do get patches from time to time with spammers, the bastards just develop new methods to get around security methods and always will. It just got a bit too much last time and I was being bombarded with everything from spam, emails sent to multiple others, etc etc so I decided to drop off the group for a while.

Im back now and everything seems pretty good now though, and Im pretty happy things have changed for the better because I really appreciated this source of info :) :)