What Do YOU Want?

By providing us with your feedback and suggestions so that we can improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you
winglessbird

Re: What Do YOU Want?

Post by winglessbird »

Hi All,
If Hamsphere.com gets up and running again,not only can you listen to the Amatuer bands,but you can create a C/S and dx to your hearts content,and its all legal.I was talking all over the world till it closed down owing to lack of serious control.The new interface looks even better. :D Rusti
[/b]Hiroshima 45,Chernobyl 86,Windows 98.;)
Fireman_DJ

Re: What Do YOU Want?

Post by Fireman_DJ »

There's still users on HF. St John use it, Vic SES have freqs plus the many 4x4 networks you can listen into.
I honestly don't do much scanning as such, rather I tend to use them in the line of work.

So it doesn't bother me, but there's plenty of freqs to program in. And as for waiting to hear something, program enough in and you won't be waiting as long.

A map based freq database would be nice. Basically you would move all freqs from the forums into the database. The database would contain a bunch of fields such as.
Name, TX freq, RX freq, Description, GPS Lat/Long, GPS flag.
The name would be some logical thing (like "Police Q2" or "CFA Ch39", Tx and RX freqs allow for repeaters. The GPS flag would be "RX" (where the scanner was located), "TX" (when you know the fixed transmitters location) and "Area" (for mobile radios based in one area).

This database then could feed both a web page and Google maps or Google earth to give visual display of freqs in the area.
In development, you might be able to make it accept multiple RX GPS locations with a "out of 5" signal scale (or some other method anyone can do to work out a ruff signal strength.
We can enter a bunch of locations where we heard the signal and how strong it was and with enough data triangulate the signal.