Where is everyone?

By providing us with your feedback and suggestions so that we can improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by rochedalescan »

Agreed, we are past the stage of advertising now we need people to become active and start talking, what are we missing ? what needs to be added ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

I don't really have any suggestions for you at the moment but I can say (probably the obvious) what happens with forums.

Person needs an answer to something,
searchs the web for a forum,
posts a question,
the regulars answer the question,
person has the answer and moves on.

There is nothing I don't like about this forum albeit a little quiet but I must admit as a member of a radio forum I do get tired of 20 threads with nothing but mindless conversation in them but at least people are talking and using it.
I'm the sought of person though that if I have nothing postitive to add to a conversation I don't say anything.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

there was a plugin for another forum version that you could hide the writing of certain bite if you don't have say 20 posts and that was the juicy stuff that everyone is after. i am not sure if it is available for phpbb3 tho but worth looking into
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Kind of defeats the point of someone joining the forum if they cant acess the information they need, however something does need to be done.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Perhaps you might need to do a audit on who is who so to speak.
I was a member of Scan QLD as well as Rochedale Scan, so when both sites joined, I became one.

but my membership from Scan QLD to Roch added another member to it's ranks.

So if a lot of people were in the same boat you have the potential to bring the membership figure back to 500 less that it is claimed.

Perhaps if no one has logged in for the last 6 months, cancel there accounts.

just a suggestion.

perhaps something on the news groups, but you will get some improper responces on the NG sites.

Paul .
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

We had some issues while implimenting the new homepage and cleared duplicate users which was about 20 because I had already been through and got rid of the regulars.

But im not keen to delete users I would just like to see a few new faces posting, and over the past few weeks there has been a few new ones posting so its starting to happen.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

That day when we did the merger we had like 18 people online mainly from ScanQLD and I tried to get them to participate.

http://www.rochedalescan.com/forums/vie ... f=8&t=1412
Mitch Rogers
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

I like that idea, however unless 92xlt is willing to stay as complaints manager or something of the type we are one position short as there are 7 moderators + me.

Sounds good though, means you guys will have alot more freedom in regards to general member issues etc.

Cheers Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Colonel

Post by Colonel »

Dunno to be honest.

Need a few people with limited lives to keep posting stuff up :D

Myself, I would like to see pager feeds somehow, have tried myself but too frustrating to implement :(
I appreciate the trouble BG had with this.

Interesting too if people post up copies of pager feeds of interesting jobs to read about and comment on

My thoughts anyway :lol:
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Colonel wrote:Dunno to be honest.

Need a few people with limited lives to keep posting stuff up :D

Myself, I would like to see pager feeds somehow, have tried myself but too frustrating to implement :(
I appreciate the trouble BG had with this.

Interesting too if people post up copies of pager feeds of interesting jobs to read about and comment on

My thoughts anyway :lol:
Unfortunately I can't decode pager at this present moment. Gotta wait till I find out whats wrong with my laptop.

We did have the news article forum, but no one really replied to those posts. Just me posting, trying to generate a little excitement.
Mitch Rogers
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

I was reading them :D

Good luck we decoder

I found recently that mine works better on the UBCT9 as opposed to the handheld (?)
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

I used to do it with my old computer using my UBCT8 and it worked fine.

Then new laptop = heaps of problems :(
Mitch Rogers
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Hi,
I started going through my bookmarks for the radio section, visited some other forums that I am (was) a member of. I tired to log in but the forum told me that because I had not posted for 6 months my acount was deactive.

I have now since rejoined and became active again, noticed that some member of this group are there as well.

I suppose in doing it this way who know what your true numbers are.

Some other radio forums I have became active in again and all basicially had the same rules, no posting with in a set period you were logged out.

Paul.

Intuition wrote:There are approximately 2500 registered users and we only have a dozen posting, and halve that dozen again and we have the regular members. For a site as big as it is and to be precise the second largest scanner website in Australia I have to ask, WHERE TO BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?! :?:

Does anyone have ideas as to what needs to be done to get people posting and participating in the discussions on here? Having in excess of 2000 (a whole number) registered users who don't visit and probably have forgotten about the forums completely something needs to be done to draw them back in.

You have got to remember that something dragged them here in the first place, so we need to get them back here!

I suggest people post what they don't like about the forums, get the crew to fix up and resolve those issues, then once the "hated" points are sorted out send a mass email highlighting what Rochedale Scan is, explain how large the user database is, how to find out their user details and that there are some very knowledgeable people amongst us. Maybe also give a rundown on the events within the last year ect.

I want to take part in some serious radio discussion, but... :(