Sat Comms

By providing us with your feedback and suggestions so that we can improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you
turbine_prop

Sat Comms

Post by turbine_prop »

I wonder if there is any interest in Satcomms on this group I know that there is quiet a bit of unencrypted sat comms still around that can be easily listed to including interstate and international radio & media feeds all be most of them are now Digital as apposed to Analogue.

Once upon a time I used to listen to Aviation on an Optus B3 Analogue down link up in the 12.5 Ghz band down converted to 1.2Ghz but one day that vanished and I have never been able to find out where it went or what happened to it the one person who knew and used to write about it regularly ( http://www.satdirectory.com/--atcviasat.html ) went to ground and was never heard of again despite the fact that his website still exists ( all be very out of date )

Regards
Wayne Pryor
Waykat Services
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
ozradio

Re: Sat Comms

Post by ozradio »

I hold a little interest in SatComms but with the minimal satellite scanning equipment out there it is limited to knowing where the satellites are and on occasion scanning an OSCAR to see if I can hear anything. It would be great if there was more equipment out there for scanning satellites but I also realise many satellite feeds now are encrypted due to them being pay for access services.
ozradio
Simoco SRM9030Plus TU Band, SRM9030Plus AC Band, SRM9005 AC Band, SRM9022 TU Band
Tait T2000II, Barrett Crystal Locked HF Set, Uniden 80 Channel UHF
emergen

Post by emergen »

You could also have a look at AMSAT which is the amateur (ham) radio satellite hobbyists groups.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/informat ... angdon.php

Satellite communications doesn't interest me but the ham guys who are into it do tend to enjoy it. Some folks obviously meant to be license hams can access the AMSAT and other available satellites using a handitalkie and a homebrew yagi

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
domestos

Post by domestos »

...yes slow scan TV from the ISS !